JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Etihad Melbourne

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3475 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

4 second video clip of 70,059 happy worshipers singing to their God, Jehovah.

https://vimeo.com/109358391

We had 695 baptised in Etihad Stadium.

986 were baptised in total. 695 in Melbourne, the rest in other Convention locations that had linked in over the weekend.

Edited by niall

I had to take an exit when Brother Wood gave his talk..So emotional. As its been 12yrs since I came to Melbourne. Jade's mems are here. Now I have new memories. Thanks Jehovah.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

I hear that over 100,000 were in attendance at the five locations in Australasia today...

What a wonderful shout of praise to Jehovah. So many who couldn't make it due to lack of funds or illness, but still over 100,000 travelled to Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Townsville and the New Zealand venue to show the strength of Jehovah's organisation in this part of the world.

Not to mention the International Delegates, of course, I believe some 7,000 or so. I do hope their witnessing day tomorrow (presumably) goes well for them. If they've enjoyed Melbourne as much as I enjoyed Detroit there'll be a whole lot of beaming faces around!

And now the great little video presentation on Sunday morning has worked its magic on so many present. I'm told that tears were there in abundance, now all my friends know why I told them to 'take the box' on Sunday. That whole segment about the resurrection and living on in the Paradise Earth was so faith-strengthening.

We all look forward to seeing loved ones again, it's all another day closer now... another weekend closer... how much I would give to know that it was happening tomorrow!

Amen!! Brother.

guess we can all have tears together. ;)

I was so glad my kids absolutely experienced the love.

i made some gifts & cards & 2 days before coming said to them. Would you like to give em out. Yes. They got loads of emails etc. Said mum. Do we have to leave. Was soooooo!!!!! Coool!!!

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Our convention here in Perth was tied in with Bro Letts talks and Bro Luciano's talks in Melbourne, and with Bro Jackson's talks in Townsville (albeit with the 3 hr delay).  I really loved the final talk and the march out of all the missionaries, and the banners saying "See you in Paradise!"

It was so beautiful to be able to still be a part of this momentous tie in with all the bro and sis in Aus and NZ.  How wonderful it is for brothers to dwell together in unity!

Agree with all your comments above :D

I love Brother Luciano

he's got a beautiful voice...

It just dawned on me. Well the article posted said Catholics had 70.000... at the end of today was 70 .056 or so. So amazing. Jehovah is migthy in all aspects.

Brothers told me Melbourne Assembly was on the news here in Perth, favourably so and deservedly so.  I missed it - cause it took almost 2 hrs to get home by car!

Yes, Bro Luciano's voice was very eloquent.  Bro's Letts face was so animated with his love of the truth and Jehovah - how wonderful and contagious! We were just beaming back at him!

You must feel trashed after so many crowds, Gabe.  Still it's the best sort of company :)

Trashed yes. We trained it everyday.

we missed first train. & had to wait to get another. Yesterday we were going for it. Hubby said oh no tickets. We forgot tickets. We hung back.

we sat down on the white seats. I had a little laugh. Cause we were asked to move as soon as finished so the brothers could stack & clean.we reached a gridlock situation.

next min we hear this roar. The Brothers did the mexican wave. 3 times. Around & around. So awesome.

each day the trains were packed to the max.So many with badges & the JW.ORG badges. Now I feel comfortable getting one. Just dont know where to get one.

A sister in Melbourne sent the following today......................

Melbourne was such a fabulous experience, we arrived home exhausted but so happy.   My daughter was baptised, along with 694 others, and is still on a high 12 days later.   Met so many beautiful brothers and sisters from around the globe, its given us a taste of what the new world will be like, and the programmes just get more interesting each year.   A triple-whammy for us - an international convention, a family baptism, and a 50th wedding anniversary celebration for a brother and sister all combined to make it an unforgettable week for not only ourselves, but our friends too.    Jehovah just keeps on blessing us.

Edited by Sheila