JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Red Tent movie on Lifetime TV

Since we've been inundated with what seems like a record number of so-called bible based movies, I thought I'd throw this one out there.

I saw the tv commercial and thought it might have been about any number of bible characters. I looked up the synopsis on IMDB and found out the movie was about DINAH!. *Facepalm*

Here is an interesting review of the movie and the book it's based on:. http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/lifetime-red-tent-focuses-bible-dinah-article-1.2032382

Come join our service group singers......♫ Grant us boldness we witness....help us overcome our fear. ♫

Yes, this movie makes it seem Jacob wasn't really tricked into marrying Leah. That his wives were idolaters and regularly practiced idolatrous rituals.

Again it doesn't show any part Jehovah had in helping Jacob. :nope: it is not a good movie at all.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I saw the preview for a mini-series called "End of Days" on the History channel airing Dec. 29th.  It was very interesting. It even quoted Revelation 16. In the preview it showed people screaming, running in fear, it looked like sulfur raining from the sky, lightning flashing everywhere; total chaos. I think the plagues were mentioned. I was almost hooked until it said after the rapture the people left behind will be killed or something to that effect. I lost interest after that.

It is interesting how there have been so many so called "biblical" movies and shows lately. IMO I think Satan is using anything from Babylon the Great to mislead as many as possible. I'm so glad I have the Truth.

Susan, I saw the same thing today and needed to look it up. So that's what it's about, depressing. 

People are being mislead all over the place. We have so much to talk about in service. TV is a huge way to deceive many in a short time.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Yes, this movie makes it seem Jacob wasn't really tricked into marrying Leah. That his wives were idolaters and regularly practiced idolatrous rituals.

Again it doesn't show any part Jehovah had in helping Jacob. :nope: it is not a good movie at all.

Sometimes I really wonder,   though many many movies are made based on bible accounts,   none of these movies (including all the "Moses" movies never take Jehovah's name, though all the kings & other names are mentioned, and there are ample evidences that Jehovah's name appears in translations at large.   As if these moviemakers are afraid to take the name of "Jehovah"  thinking they may offend the christiandom and the Muslims.   What a pity.

But if that is the case,  how come in one of the Indiana movies,  Indiana Jones take the name of Jehovah  in the climax scene and the dialogie clearly says "name of God"   -  Steven Spielberg not afraid?

Agape

I saw the first part of the series, and all the negative elements trottigy mentioned and then some disappointed me and I had to turn it off and won't be checking out the second part. Never again.

Edited by JayMusicGirl

I saw the preview for a mini-series called "End of Days" on the History channel airing Dec. 29th.  It was very interesting. It even quoted Revelation 16. In the preview it showed people screaming, running in fear, it looked like sulfur raining from the sky, lightning flashing everywhere; total chaos. I think the plagues were mentioned. I was almost hooked until it said after the rapture the people left behind will be killed or something to that effect. I lost interest after that.

Yeah, it's usually best to avoid 'end of days' or 'left behind' type movies. Christendom has some real smokin'-crack ideas surrounding 'the rapture' and the demise of human society and the destruction of the planet.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

• 2 weeks later...