JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

New song #139

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3325 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

No lyrics yet :(

139 Teach Them to Stand Firm

(Matthew 28:19, 20)

1. What a joy to teach Jehovah’s sheep

And to see how they have grown.

We have seen how he has guided them

As they’ve made the truth their own.

(CHORUS)

Jehovah, may you hear our prayer

And keep them in your watchful care.

In Jesus’ name, for them we plead: May they succeed;

May ev’ry one of them stand firm.

2. Ev’ry day we said a prayer for them,

As their faith was under test.

We made time to teach and care for them;

They’ve grown strong, and they’ve been blessed.

(Chorus)

3. May they all maintain their confidence,

Trust in God and in his Son.

Through endurance and obedience,

May their race for life be won.

(Chorus)

snylpnw-E No. 139 1/15   ̆ 2015 Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania

(See also Luke 6:48; Acts 5:42; Phil. 4:1.)

My CO is visiting this week, and he doesn't know the reason for the removal of the song/KM, but as we were listening to it on the KH sound system he noted that most other songs have a discernible silence in the music between the intro/first verse/second verse/etc, while the downloaded version of 139 keeps the background going unimpeded. If this is the issue, then perhaps the KM is down until they can be certain that a proper version of 139 will be ready in time. (Given the technical ability of many halls, "in time" means at least 6-8 weeks in advance of the scheduled date.)

Although pausing might seem trivial, the 2014 IC Audio Drama "Jehovah Is the Only True God" was released online nearly a month ago, withdrawn a day or two later, and recently re-uploaded with the only audio change being an adjustment in the pause at the beginning/end of one of the readings (timestamps 24:03, 25:47).

My CO is visiting this week, and he doesn't know the reason for the removal of the song/KM, but as we were listening to it on the KH sound system he noted that most other songs have a discernible silence in the music between the intro/first verse/second verse/etc, while the downloaded version of 139 keeps the background going unimpeded. If this is the issue, then perhaps the KM is down until they can be certain that a proper version of 139 will be ready in time. (Given the technical ability of many halls, "in time" means at least 6-8 weeks in advance of the scheduled date.)

Although pausing might seem trivial, the 2014 IC Audio Drama "Jehovah Is the Only True God" was released online nearly a month ago, withdrawn a day or two later, and recently re-uploaded with the only audio change being an adjustment in the pause at the beginning/end of one of the readings (timestamps 24:03, 25:47).

Thanks for the information! Quite trivial things you observed!

:bouncing:

I did the same thing. In the updated JWLibrary it showed an update on the New Song icon, it downloaded the lyrics sheet. So I went online and downloaded the music. Then tonight I was going to show a sister at the meeting and the icon for the lyrics showed an update again. It did it and then I opened it, it was gone. She looked at me like I was crazy...No! Really! It was there! It's a beautiful song.

Actually, that's not the only change. The original version was basically an MP3 version of the convention recording, which was in mono recording. The new one has the drama portions in stereo format, resulting in a much fuller sound (at least when listening with headphones). Just a bit of a technical matter, and still doesn't explain why the new song is gone. I really liked how the piano recording continued, I hope they dont get rid of that. :)

• 1 month later...

The music is orchestra music and not piano. I wonder if we will be singing to orchestra music now and not piano.

Given that the song is not yet officially listed, they're likely uploading placeholder files, causing errors on the visible pages. And I highly doubt that we're going to randomly switch between piano and orchestra renditions from one song to the next, especially given the less-than-perfect quality of the current music (recorded from the Gilead Graduation video).

The same sort of placeholder files can often be seen on the JW broadcasting and Watchtower download pages. Officially, the publication is not yet "released" until it's on the category page itself.

Edit: Also, the music is back to the original piano rendition.

Edited by Stavro