JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Thai[?] game show sponsored by JW.ORG?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3350 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

That was one of the points I was trying to make, but I didn't do a good job at it.   Anyone with computer skills can lift the logo and place it in that spot.  

• An apostate could have faked the entire thing just to rile people up online.  
  • The people who made the video could have just grabbed logos and put them in at the beginning giving no thought to sponsorship or selling ad space.
  • Someone could have purchased that spot and put the logo in without permission from the Branch.

We know the Society would never have done this.  That's all we really need concern ourselves with.

Isn't that what was said about the 'Become Jehovah's Friend' videos at first...I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Isn't that what was said about the 'Become Jehovah's Friend' videos at first...I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Yes, we used to say that we'd never have a TV studio, we'd never make cartoons or movies, etc...  But there are plenty of scriptural principles that would come into play that would explain why it would not be appropriate for Jehovah's Organization to sponsor a game show.

Become Jehovah's Friend was first released at a convention. If any thought that it was apostate material despite being released from the platform and handed out by attendants, chances are they think the convention itself was organized by apostates...

This commercial has no visible ties to the organization whatsoever, and it is tied to a show that promotes unscriptural values. Until we receive some verification, I feel it is highly unwise to continually accuse the branch of promoting unscriptural values.

It's more than unwise ... it's stupid and dangerous

Think about Romans 14:1-4. The different viewpoints could easily have fuelled controversy in the congregation...

Sadly, all kind of controversies may overshadow all others valuables viewpoints we should have to maintain unity.

Let's go back on track: there's a jw.org advertising or a logo inserted in the video ? Yes!

who did it ? We don't know!

It's good or bad ? Controversy is starting... if we spend to much time on it, we will be like Jews who spend time on details about genealogy and false story (1 Tim. 1:4) 

So what about this logo ? You know, sometimes, strange events could awake interest on Jehovah and his organization ... who knows ?

In the broadcasting of February , did you notice ? (49'20'') "There's no circumstances too complicated for Jehovah to help us. In brother James case, it was a nonwitness medicine man that reminded him of Jehovah existence..."

So while we are discussing and debating about this little event :touche: , Jehovah and his organization are perhaps ten miles way ahead us :ph34r::D