JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Ex-Steelers LB Jason Worilds shockingly retires

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3354 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Thanks Musky for posting this!

I follow the NFL and I have read other articles of players who

have suddenly retired to see why.

But usually for other reasons.

So then I saw this player "Worilds" just retire but I said,

"Oh I am sure it is for some other reason"

But what a beautiful witness this player is giving to the world

by turning down a possible $10-20 Million contract to serve Jehovah!  :)

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

It's funny, here our Brother gives up the NFL to pursue a greater share in his ministry while Tim Tebow is doing everything he can to get into the NFL even though he claims to "follow God"

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Such an example can show young ones how valuable a theocratic career should be to all of us.  

A brother I knew many years ago came into the truth in high school.  He graduated as the veledictorian of his school and was offered a fully paid scholarship to Harvard, Yale, etc., all the best Univiersities in the country.   He turned them all down and turned in his application to regular Pioneer.   Meeting him ten years later, I was inspired, as were many young people who heard about his example.   To this day, (decades later) he is one of the happiest and most content brothers I've ever met.