JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Technical Question Updates

:DOccasionally we receive updates from our brothers who are serving where the need is great, branches and forwarded E-Mail updates.

We utilize Chrome Google and Windows 7 and have another Forwarded E-Mail with pictures update for you, from our Brothers.

If you have a chance please explain how to post forwarded E-Mails without separating the pictures here on the forum.

Jerry kindly stepped up to the plate and mentioned that he would post the E-Mail, Another sister has an interesting update also. ;)

I believe you would need to copy and paste the text of the email in the post and then insert the images separately. Otherwise, you could use the "snipping tool" in Windows 7 and take a screen shot of the entire email message, pictures and all, and insert it in your posting as an image file.

Maybe someone else knows of a better way.

i'm still trying to figure out how to post pic's....

Get yourself a free account on a picture hosting site, like "Photobucket": PhotoBucket

Then just follow the directions to upload the picture you want to post. Then copy the URL address that the hosting site gives you when it's finished uploading to the clipboard. (Highlight, right-click and choose "copy".)

Then, when you are in the "new post window" in this forum (or the "reply" window, same thing) Go to the top where the tools are and click on the "Insert image URL" icon, and "paste" the picture URL address in the box. (Right-click and choose "paste".)

That's all there is to it. Just "preview" the post first to make sure the picture shows up OK.

There is a photo album here. You can store up to 50 pictures of a certain size. Check it out and you won't get hacked.

If you need help sizing them, let us know. I use MSPaint. Check the attributes and then shrink by the % that gets me the right size.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

This little free program is the best I have found for resizing pictures. It is so easy to use, it resizes the picture you choose and then automatically renames it with the size that it is when it saves it so you don't save over your original.

I highly recommend it:

Pixresizer

If you have a chance please explain how to post forwarded E-Mails without separating the pictures here on the forum.

Try forwarding the email to interchange@jwtalk.net using the same email address you have on file here. The Forum checks that pop3 account every 20 minutes and imports the emails as posts. It will get held in queue until a moderator approves it. My instincts tell me that it will have clickable attachment links at the end of the message for all the pictures, but we might be able to edit it and place them within the post itself.

No guarantees that this will work though.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

i'm still trying to figure out how to post pic's....

After resizing them to 600x600 or less, then you upload them using the Attach a file link in the message editor. After you upload it, a bbcode attachment link appears in your message. You can put that link anywhere, and that is where your picture will appear.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!