JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Bridal Shower Gifts

Any suggestions? I am going to a bridal shower Sunday. Brother and Sister, each second marriage, have good jobs and home. What to do???? She said she is not registering here is her quoted text?" I'm not registered, whatever is fine with me. I trust my LOVED ones, Besides you are all classy ladies"

I was thinking maybe a gift card? Not sure. I am a Pioneer and limited income, help!!!!!!!

Since it is a second marriage for both, how about a nice can of nuts with the caption, "I'm glad you two are nuts about each other," or something like that. One thing I do is spell out their names vertically and write a scripture for each letter. If I have a picture of them, I put it on top, or select any beautiful picture and nice printing paper. For instance: LAWRENCE AND MARY BROWN

Let there be light ....................................Genesis 1:3

All scripture is inspired of God.................2 Timothy 3:16, and so on for each letter. 

I then put it in an inexpensive frame. I have done something like this several times. One was for a recently baptized Sister. She thought I picked out my favorite scriptures, and she just loved it. Then she put it on her end table and realized it spelled her name. She was very surprised. For married people I use the A. N. D. with scriptures for each letter. For single sisters or brothers, I use their middle name or initial. I also usually add another fave scripture in the footer or in a text box.  You can definitely have this done by the weekend. This is a project that takes me a couple of hours, not counting the purchase of a frame. If you have a computer, it comes to under 10 dollars. It is a showstopper.  Hope I explained this in a way that is intelligible. Best wishes to the new couple and to you, April, for your thoughtfulness. YS, pauline

Any suggestions? I am going to a bridal shower Sunday. Brother and Sister, each second marriage, have good jobs and home. What to do???? She said she is not registering here is her quoted text?" I'm not registered, whatever is fine with me. I trust my LOVED ones, Besides you are all classy ladies"

I was thinking maybe a gift card? Not sure. I am a Pioneer and limited income, help!!!!!!!

I love giving gift cards!  You can get them for stores or even a restaurant.  I often give gift cards for ones on their anniversary, I will put some money on a gift card to their favorite restaurant.  This is really good for ones who have been married a long time.  After many years of marriage, they don't normally need anything, but everyone loves a night out at a restaurant.  I also will occasionally pick up some gift cards for the pioneers, I use gas cards for them.  They definitely appreciate those.  

Also, you don't have to put alot of money on them.  You can get a gift card for even just $10. When you go in to the restaurant/store to buy a gift card, they ask how much money will you be putting on it.  

Doesn't have to be much, it's the though that counts.

I once gave a couple a kite for their wedding present- a good kite. I could imagine them going to a park and flying it. Years later they said they really enoyed it.

If you like to take pictures, you could offer to do a photo session with them. That is free or low cost and they'll probably like to have pictures of themselves as a couple.

Wow, thank y'all, such great ideas. I love the choices. I might make something. Thanks to everyone for their help, I will give it some thought and let you know. For now I am busy with the lunch for CO and wife. I am really excited now. I love these ideas!

Something that smells nice is always great. Dried rose petals with rose oil and orris root powder is lovely. Or make some pretty bath salts she could display in the bathroom. Getting jars from a shop and decorating them doilies and string looks very French Country and can be used for so many things. Get some old candles and melt them together and put onto a huge seashell or something.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Hanging baskets are very pretty right now. Our previous co's wife mentioned in service that she wished she could find a plant that only had to be watered once a week. I went to a local greenhouse and they showed me a hanging basket that would last a week without re-watering. It was not as pretty as others, but functional for their schedule.