JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Pictures of where we live

A familiar signt to you, Niall:

attachicon.gif1013stnthrphelicopteronpad.jpg

I wonder if you were there when this precious load arrived?

She told me it was noisy and rough to ride in...

Yes, they are nothing like what you seeing TV! :)

Without giving away any personal information, when was it and what was the situation? I don't think I've met a chopper arrival from Stanthorpe for a few months so I was probably elsewhere.

It was October 27, 2013...

There are no secrets about it. I would think if you were in town you'd remember the Saturday night the little girl came in (by regular ambulance) after being hit by a kangaroo. On their way home from a halloween night the 8yo was asleep in the back seat when a truck hit the 'roo and tossed it through the windscreen of the car. The little girl died.

However, that just places the event in time by something you probably remember.

The 'precious load' was my wife.

• 2 weeks later...

They are from the Valleyview congregation in East Kamloops area.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry, never been to that one.  There were three halls, with a number of congregations -- I believe the Valleyview congregation was out of the North Thompson hall, but don't quote me on that.

Sorry, never been to that one. There were three halls, with a number of congregations -- I believe the Valleyview congregation was out of the North Thompson hall, but don't quote me on that.

That hall is on the east side of Kamloops, couple of blocks off of the #1 highway, right before you leave the city.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It was October 27, 2013...

There are no secrets about it. I would think if you were in town you'd remember the Saturday night the little girl came in (by regular ambulance) after being hit by a kangaroo. On their way home from a halloween night the 8yo was asleep in the back seat when a truck hit the 'roo and tossed it through the windscreen of the car. The little girl died.

However, that just places the event in time by something you probably remember.

The 'precious load' was my wife.

I hope he recalls something.  Sometimes reflecting on the days events,when our lives changed forever even the smallest of detail can bring comfort.  I have always said that it's like living in this world of brilliant colour, and then becoming blind.  

I recall standing in the waiting room, listening to the song 'I've seen fire and rain' and recalling how poignant the line was  'but I always thought that I'd see you again' was in the situation.  At least you had the presence of mind to take photos, I've always been kind of weird that way.  I don't take enough of them and thus have missed having that keepsake.

Edited by cerebral ecstasy

After I got back from the meeting on Thursday night I looked up into the night sky...

We have been told to expect snow, a rare event here, pretty much every day for the last week, but there were no clouds this night.

There was not much moon either, so the sky was dark. Out of town here it's really spectacular and I just wish I could photograph the stars!

The Milky Way was so white on the black background, almost totally opaque, a wonderful sight. Something you can't ever see in a city.

At 3am I went outside and saw that my verandah railing wasn't its usual dark green, it was white! The clouds had come over and snow - the first here for 31 years - had blanketed the place:

post-4283-0-09409100-1437458123_thumb.jp

It was still falling lightly as I got the camera:

post-4283-0-12587200-1437458332_thumb.jp

But out at the back door there wasn't so much because it was sheltered from the driving winds. The car, however, was getting some cover:

post-4283-0-67473500-1437458394_thumb.jp

At 8:00am I went out and much of it was gone. We probably had only an inch or so here, but some was still clinging to the roof and spots were still on the grass:

post-4283-0-87863700-1437458428_thumb.jp

About four miles away it was much heavier, the orchards with hail netting had plenty dragging their nets down:

post-4283-0-47760500-1437458624_thumb.jp

Perhaps the most striking pic I got was this one of a heavily-treed area near the railway line. It shows dramatically how the wind was driving the snow from one direction - the west - and the trees held it on that side:

post-4283-0-39425800-1437458712_thumb.jp

A rare event, I'm glad I didn't miss it!

Edited by RaymondG

I am in Madagascar right now and was able to see the Milky Way for the very first time in my life! I was in the South-East of the country in Farafangana. Apparently what we see is the side (not up) but the side of the side...not sure if that makes sense? My pictures are in my phone and they are too big. Will resize them when I get back to Canada. I was just able to find wifi and use my phone. Will try to upload anyways and see what happens...

Envoyé de mon Nexus 5 en utilisant Tapatalk

Here are a few pictures from Madagascar ! On the South-East East Coast Farafangana by the ocean and the kingdom hall, at the market in Antananarivo, out on service in the country side. I am in black with no hat and à pineapple I saw growing...post-5473-143774404756_thumb.jpgpost-5473-143774406023_thumb.jpgpost-5473-143774406732_thumb.jpgpost-5473-143774407737_thumb.jpgpost-5473-143774408452_thumb.jpg

Envoyé de mon Nexus 5 en utilisant Tapatalk

Aren't these better suited to the 'So that's where you've been?' thread?

It would be nicer if you posted pics here of where you live...

She already posted pictures of where she lives here. On the last page she posted pictures of where she lives at this moment, in Madagascar (which is also where she's from).

Okay, since we're on this topic... Here's where I live:

post-1993-0-94856100-1437836168_thumb.jp

That's my house. I live on the top floor on the left side, directly above the recycling bin (behind the leaves). Okay, you don't know where it is? It's near here...

post-1993-0-53723500-1437836175_thumb.jp

That doesn't tell you much either? Okay, here's an overview of my city...

post-1993-0-52816900-1437836180_thumb.jp

Does that help any? Alright, if you don't recognize that thing in the background, here's what it is...

post-1993-0-57160700-1437836185_thumb.jp

First, Hasina, I guess you're right, where you used to live is appropriate, it's a part of your upbringing and embraces many of your ways and memories...

And I had forgotten that you earlier posted pics of your present home, so you have my apologies.

Eric, you narrowed it down nicely. I guess that somewhere in your locale there's a Kingdom Hall just as I know for sure there are huge catholic churches dominating skylines all over Quebec.

Richard, there's not much of that square that's in California, by my reckoning only Blythe and Needles. But you take in a slab of Nevada, most (all?) of Utah and lots of Arizona, New Mexico and Colorado. It probably goes far enough north to include bits of Idaho and Wyoming too.

Is that the area in which you range in your travels?

Richard, there's not much of that square that's in California, by my reckoning only Blythe and Needles. But you take in a slab of Nevada, most (all?) of Utah and lots of Arizona, New Mexico and Colorado. It probably goes far enough north to include bits of Idaho and Wyoming too.

Is that the area in which you range in your travels?

I hadn't noticed the square, it just happened to be on the picture.  :)

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

. . .

Eric, you narrowed it down nicely. I guess that somewhere in your locale there's a Kingdom Hall just as I know for sure there are huge catholic churches dominating skylines all over Quebec.

. . .

You're right. Plenty of churches in Catholic Quebec, although there are quite a few evangelicals here in Montreal too. Those are among the French-speaking people. English-speaking people, however, seem to be less religious than the French.

Anyway, there is a Kingdom Hall I go to (one of many).