JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Pope Has A Meeting With Putin

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3236 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

The Pope has been ridiculed by Catholics for not speaking out more against Putin's actions. Before the meeting Pope Francis was pushed by U.S. Government officials to tell Putin he needs to change his course of actions. Interesting again the Pope is right in the middle of diplomatic relations by governments. I guess if they are not happy on either side the Pope will pay for not taking their side...sticky situation. It makes it easy to see a reason for them to turn against religion if they don't get their ears tickled.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/religion/pope-francis-meets-putin-for-a-diplomatically-difficult-talk/2015/06/10/12c12c3c-0faf-11e5-a0fe-dccfea4653ee_story.html

I don't what to read too much into this but this pope does seem to be pushing things along...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

So isn't it strange that Putin even has a concern to meet the Pope at all? The only thing I could think of was that he is trying to get the Pope to lift sanctions independently in the Vatican on Russia like he did with Palestine against requests from other countries...what do you think? It is just so out of the ordinary.

I am sure there are many Catholics in Russia; so, he has to meet with him for politics sake. I just don't know how much sway the pope will actually have.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....