JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Detroit shootings, that's enough!

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3229 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Things are really heating up all over the place. We've had similar things locally, too much to keep posting. The unrest in humanity is amazing to me. The breakdown in attitudes toward others. Wonder how much more we will see before it's all over?

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/detroit/2015/06/20/detroit-shooting-basketball-court/29059409/

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Things are really heating up all over the place. We've had similar things locally, too much to keep posting. The unrest in humanity is amazing to me. The breakdown in attitudes toward others. Wonder how much more we will see before it's all over?

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/detroit/2015/06/20/detroit-shooting-basketball-court/29059409/

Must of the time when people get shot in my area is in late night  or early in the morning. Why in the world people don't learn to stay out of the streets at this time?

That's a good question Glenn as to why don't people stay out of the streets late night, etc. My answer is perhaps some have no choice as in traveling to and from work. And with that perhaps some don't have an alternative way to do so. We really don't know. Then maybe they're out due to an emergency as in unforeseen circumstances. Those people may not have an alternative. We really don't know. Then there's sickness as in having to leave the hospital ER late as I did just last month. Again, they really may not have an alternative, as I didn't.

There are so many reasons, good reasons too, why people are out late that we don't know of and may never know simply because it isn't our business to know.

But then, on the other hand it's true that there are some who are out just to start trouble. I really believe that the trouble makers are up while the rest of us are sleep, planning their next trouble.

That's a good question Glenn as to why don't people stay out of the streets late night, etc. My answer is perhaps some have no choice as in traveling to and from work. And with that perhaps some don't have an alternative way to do so. We really don't know. Then maybe they're out due to an emergency as in unforeseen circumstances. Those people may not have an alternative. We really don't know. Then there's sickness as in having to leave the hospital ER late as I did just last month. Again, they really may not have an alternative, as I didn't.

There are so many reasons, good reasons too, why people are out late that we don't know of and may never know simply because it isn't our business to know.

But then, on the other hand it's true that there are some who are out just to start trouble. I really believe that the trouble makers are up while the rest of us are sleep, planning their next trouble.

Very good points sis. However, the situations I was referring to people who goes to late parties or  or just hanging out in the streets late at night or selling drugs too. I wonder why parties cannot be in the daytime and ended before 9 or 10 PM, so idiots don't ruin it by coming in and start shouting?

Edited by Dustparticle

Very good points sis. However, the situations I was referring to people who goes to late parties or  or just hanging out in the streets late at night or selling drugs too. I wonder why parties cannot be in the daytime and ended before 9 or 10 PM, so idiots don't ruin it by coming in and start shouting?

Maybe it is a throwback to their childhood, being able to stay out after dark, without permission from parents?

We never really grow up, after all. That changes when you hit old age........bedtime is run by the brain that says, "Okay, girlie. Better go to bed before you fall asleep on your feet. Or in the chair watching TV.       :wacko:                          

Maybe it is a throwback to their childhood, being able to stay out after dark, without permission from parents?

We never really grow up, after all. That changes when you hit old age........bedtime is run by the brain that says, "Okay, girlie. Better go to bed before you fall asleep on your feet. Or in the chair watching TV.       :wacko:                          

True sis and we lived in a time in which is a lot worse now when we were kids.

umm, Glenn I had a feeling you were referring to such idiots. Yet I went on because, for one thing concerning the others it's one of the sore spots for me as to why the others are out late. I guess I just went on a tangent because of the judgemental opinions as regards the others. Sorry.

Growing up, our parties did end before 9pm. To tell the truth, actually they ended wayyy before 9pm. The old folks (speaking as we spoke during that time. Today we say senior citizens), wouldn't have it any other way. If you even thought of parties ending later your words would end with a slap, from them, or your parents once they knew (and guess how they knew? Lol). There were chaperones whether you liked it or not...actually you liked it...if you were smart that is. The girls wore cute frilly dresses known as of course, party dresses. The boys wore pants, a shirt and tie or bow ties. And all the lights were on and stayed on too. Yes, though there were still violence since we still lived during the last days, they sure didn't stem from our parties, at least not the ones I attended.

But then things started to change, locally. What I mean is instead of those who came from being invited, there were those who decided to crash the party. Even invites began changing. I remember invitations being given out randomly on the street...to whomever. For the girls it was "give him one, he's cute" not considering the type of boy he was (yes we never, I guess, considered them men. Actually, they still aren't men). For the boys a random invite given was based on whether the girl "looked nice" and not nice as in being nice. Of course such criterion on who or who not should be invited bred trouble and trouble indeed happened. Now random invites has long been given out another way..via public advertisements posted everywhere.

Even with us, we have to be careful who we invite to our social gatherings for not every witness, unfortunately, is a witness though baptized. Even the slave has said that it's prudent to actually ask about those coming. Though that may be a little hard or uncomfortable, it's for our protection.

umm, Glenn I had a feeling you were referring to such idiots. Yet I went on because, for one thing concerning the others it's one of the sore spots for me as to why the others are out late. I guess I just went on a tangent because of the judgemental opinions as regards the others. Sorry.

Growing up, our parties did end before 9pm. To tell the truth, actually they ended wayyy before 9pm. The old folks (speaking as we spoke during that time. Today we say senior citizens), wouldn't have it any other way. If you even thought of parties ending later your words would end with a slap, from them, or your parents once they knew (and guess how they knew? Lol). There were chaperones whether you liked it or not...actually you liked it...if you were smart that is. The girls wore cute frilly dresses known as of course, party dresses. The boys wore pants, a shirt and tie or bow ties. And all the lights were on and stayed on too. Yes, though there were still violence since we still lived during the last days, they sure didn't stem from our parties, at least not the ones I attended.

But then things started to change, locally. What I mean is instead of those who came from being invited, there were those who decided to crash the party. Even invites began changing. I remember invitations being given out randomly on the street...to whomever. For the girls it was "give him one, he's cute" not considering the type of boy he was (yes we never, I guess, considered them men. Actually, they still aren't men). For the boys a random invite given was based on whether the girl "looked nice" and not nice as in being nice. Of course such criterion on who or who not should be invited bred trouble and trouble indeed happened. Now random invites has long been given out another way..via public advertisements posted everywhere.

Even with us, we have to be careful who we invite to our social gatherings for not every witness, unfortunately, is a witness though baptized. Even the slave has said that it's prudent to actually ask about those coming. Though that may be a little hard or uncomfortable, it's for our protection.

Sis you take words out my mouth. What you posted is exactly what I'm thinking of.

Jehovah told us about this in his word in 1Th 5:7 For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk are drunk at night.

He doesn't leave a stone unturned in his warnings if we are alert enough to notice. Thank you Jehovah!