JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

I don't understand about replying by email; I thought everyone did it that

way, and that was the reason for having the posts sent to my email. I don't

know what you mean about going to Internet Explorer to post directly?

What we mean is coming here....

http://www.jwtalk.net/forum

... and logging in and participating from your browser (which in your case, is IE7).

There is no need to participate via email. With nearly 1000 registered users now, almost everyone participates on the web. Only 29 individuals are on the Google Group to get copies of their posts delivered to their email box.

When you read a post that was sent to your email, :tea: is simply spelled "tea" to you, but looks like a teapot when reading from the website. The colon before and after the word tea tells the forum software to replace the word with an associated image. But the emails are sent in plain text only, so that is all you see.

Also, don't understand about 'cleaning up' my posts. I always try to

remember to snip the bottom of my posts. is there something else? The quotes

seem to add themselves.

Basically, refrain from replying with the original post in-line or quoted. Or, quote only what is relevant to your reply.

I have been considering disabling the option to reply via email, and instead just making it clear that you have to click the link to visit the post on the web and reply to it from there, only because it does create a lot of work for us, and almost nobody has utilized the Google Group feature (and with the work involved in editing posts, I am kinda glad so few people use it). This is one of the reasons I have removed the link about 'Participating via Email' from the masthead at the top of the screen.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

I get the email notifications to, but then I just use my mobile browser and go to the forum to reply. I would think using the computer, it would be easier reading an replying to the posts from within the forum rather then with email. You really would miss a lot if you relied on just the email notifications.

I'm sorry all that is there. Before I click on Send, I make sure all that

area is snipped. There is nothing under my post except the post I was

answering to when I send it.

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

Okay, I now understand what you mean. :blush:

Guess one reason for ignorance is that I belong to several other forums and always reply from email so thought this one was the same format. Is the difference that the others are yahoo groups and this is a google group?

I bookmarked the group and will reply from the site from now on.

So sorry for all the confusion and inconvenience. I just didn't know. I just know enough about the computer and using groups to get by. I'm learning as fast as I can.... got a late start.

Thank you for your patience,

Graylady

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

Yes I do see them now. I also understand now what the 'editing' at the bottom of my posts mean that I wondered about.