JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Picked BabyGirl up at 12:30. The Hospital offers discharges as late in the afternoon as possible (as I understand it) up til 9:00 p.m. I wish I left her in another day, at least.  We live an hour or so away and there are detours and road work, so we picked the earliest discharge time. Of course we were there early.  She whimpered all the drive home, and I can barely lift her to get her in the recommended size kennel-crate.  She had a couple of drops of water and I don't know if she has to get to the wee-wee pad.  She is hard to move with her open incision and I think she already busted a staple. It looks like flesh hanging, but no bleeding.  She hasn't eaten anything and the med schedule is horrific.  I will try to get her to her to her pad, then try to get her back in her crate, then try a little food, then wait 30 minutes and try to get her out again.   It is breaking my heart to see her eyes looking so teary and her whimpers are like tiny squeaks. :crying:

Dear Sylv, I wish I had read this and done more research before agreeing to surgery.  NO xray or mri was taken before the diagnosis of torn ligament. It could have been a sprain (stretched ligament). Baby girl is doing terribly post surgery. My physical therapist said a torn ligament cannot be diagnosed by palpating alone.  I am researching all her meds. She was miserable, whining, crying, and yipping all night. Then she didn't want to get up this morning to take her meds I think she is angry at me and stayed in the crate that she hates, all morning.  Of course, I was up with her all night, and went on the tie line for meeting.  Our poor four legged fur babies.

I am so sorry you're both suffering through this. We try to make the best decisions for our pets that we can, based on our knowledge and the information provided by the professionals. We cannot beat ourselves up after the fact when more information becomes available. 

We have only recently started to question conventional treatments and researching more holistic approaches.

Hugs to you both. :hugs:

Looks like I night be missing (parts of) my Regional Convention first weekend in August. I got a temp handicapped parking placard because I cannot walk down from parking  without having a respiratory episode. Now it is likely that I will catch most of it online. I may get to some parts of the RC later in August. I will be able to participate in the invitation campaign, b/c I can get dog sitters for short periods.

Edited by kejedo

• 1 month later...

Baby Girl had surgery 6/2/2106, which I am now convinced was unnecessary. She has been under 24/7 crate supervision ever since.  Now her hot spots are back and I am not sure why they only occur in summer, since she hasn't been out for almost 8 weeks. MIssed meetings for nearly 6 weeks. Yesterday I had a nice long day in service, but had to get up extra early to give  Baby girl her meds, get her to pet sitter and then pick her up. Today, all I accomplished was getting Babygirl to doggie care (after med check, feeding, walking), going to physical therapy for myself, doing a bit of shopping, returning bottles, taking out trash, and picking Babydog up again - Then trying to redo her hot spot meds, made a new head wrap and rocked her to calm her.  This reminds me of when I lived in Maine and was working in New Hampshire. My three little boys had three separate child care givers in two states; after work, I would pick everyone up again. Except I was much younger then.  Kudos to sisters my age who are raising their grandchildren. How do they do it?

Edited by kejedo

I feel for you and Baby girl. It's so hard to see them in discomfort and not understanding. Have you tried witchhazel and/or coconut oil for the hot spots?  The main thing is to dry them out, which the witchhazel will do. Coconut oil will soothe. 

I wish I lived close and able to help you, dear sister. 

• 2 months later...