JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

It is not current news but I don't know how I missed this!

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3177 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Back in the old days, when nurses were required to wear white uniforms, my supervisor told us girls that it looked better if we just wore white nurses support panty hose under our pants to avoid seeing panty lines.  This worked very well.  Until I wore a dress uniform to work and sat down in the cafeteria for lunch.  The chairs were hard backed with a board/approx 3 inches wide and low to the seat as the back rest.  I sat down and unknowingly caught my hem on the chair back so it was showing my bum through the slat opening as if I had no underwear on.  Which I didn't.  I never felt a breeze but I sat there almost the whole lunch period before one of the doctors came by and leaned over and whispered to me that I must have forgot to put something on before I left the house. 

That was so awkward for me and it was a long time before he would ever look at me without a big broad grin taking over his face.  I wanted to scream "Lois Hansel told us not to wear panties" but i felt that would only make things worse.

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

Back in the old days, when nurses were required to wear white uniforms, my supervisor told us girls that it looked better if we just wore white nurses support panty hose under our pants to avoid seeing panty lines.  This worked very well.  Until I wore a dress uniform to work and sat down in the cafeteria for lunch.  The chairs were hard backed with a board/approx 3 inches wide and low to the seat as the back rest.  I sat down and unknowingly caught my hem on the chair back so it was showing my bum through the slat opening as if I had no underwear on.  Which I didn't.  I never felt a breeze but I sat there almost the whole lunch period before one of the doctors came by and leaned over and whispered to me that I must have forgot to put something on before I left the house. 

That was so awkward for me and it was a long time before he would ever look at me without a big broad grin taking over his face.  I wanted to scream "Lois Hansel told us not to wear panties" but i felt that would only make things worse.

Following direct orders of our immediate supervisor may be hazarous to our health.

Following direct orders of our immediate supervisor may be hazardous to our health.

We had a young man who taught with us in Maine. He was a free-spirit and went without socks (and otherwise unencumbered.) He related a story to us re: his previous teaching assignment where he was specifically asked to start wearing underclothing. He related this narrative and mentioned how "mortified" he had been. His other oddity (at least to this spleeny Mainer) was to inform each incoming class that he was a vegetarian,primarily legume based, and frequently released flatulence, publicly. I offered him some Beano, but he declined and responded, "I've learned to live with it." His words. I,in fact, had not learned to live with it. Commando, you say? I say, "Thanks, but no thanks." "Wouldn't be prudent." as one of those Bush- men was wont to quote. Not those Bush bean men, but might as well have been. IMHO  :blink:  Teaching is NOT a glamorous job.   Sometimes it just stinks.

I can't believe my good fortune!  I found the clip I was speaking of on youtube!

Rondi Reed is the mother in law.  She is sharp and saucy.  I love her character,  I would give anything to find a study like her!

https://youtu.be/Q53KM2z6EbE

Swoozy Kurtz is Molly's mother.  Not as big a fan of her but she grows on you.

LeslieDean

I can't believe my good fortune!  I found the clip I was speaking of on youtube!

Rondi Reed is the mother in law.  She is sharp and saucy.  I love her character,  I would give anything to find a study like her!

https://youtu.be/Q53KM2z6EbE

Swoozy Kurtz is Molly's mother.  Not as big a fan of her but she grows on you.

School dropouts are not always the teachers, but many wish it to be. I will check out this series. Thump squared

Edited by kejedo

The headline is absurd, that it is difficult not to be entertained.

But of course, she needs the dignity and spirit that only Jehovah and the truth, can offer her.  

Meanwhile, she has taught a lesson, that contrasts the sinking state of the world, with Jehovah's steadily-improving earthly-organization. 

When teaching public middle school, and one of these cases made the news, male teachers were bragging about their escapades with female teachers when they were in Middle School.  I, for one, was not entertained. This story is so far out there, joking about it is just too easy. Can you imagine actually forgetting your pants? Did Britney Spears get a teaching degree?

Now that most US schools are on summer break, I hope the superintendents update their Teacher's Manuals to reflect this caveat: "Shoes and Shirts required."  (Leslie, I still can't get my small mind around this one). :blushing:  I thought I had seen it all in public education. 

When teaching public middle school, and one of these cases made the news, male teachers were bragging about their escapades with female teachers when they were in Middle School.  I, for one, was not entertained. This story is so far out there, joking about it is just too easy. Can you imagine actually forgetting your pants? Did Britney Spears get a teaching degree?

I agree, but...I still have an inclination to chuckle.

It is so absurd, it's ridiculous.

I have family that works in the school system, so they would probably view it as serious- which it is.

And I do; I actually feel compassion for the woman, as well as those she is supposed to represent and teach.

But I'm inclined to view it as another example of Satan's sinking system.

David, you are so kind.  I have thought nothing but "what an idiot"!  I need to learn how to be more compassionate because, frankly I am getting very short on patience with people in this world.  I keep thinking where is common sense?  I guess I just have to keep reminding myself that the further people are from Jehovah (:) the more senseless they are. 

LeslieDean

Leslie, I sent you a pm but it bounced. Sorry, I have got to feel more compassionate for this bad decison. If I lived closer,like in Oklahoma, I would wonder how to would react to this. If I met someone at the door with this problem, I hope I would be empathic. When working in a prestigious HS in the 80s/90s many female teachers were wearing sweaters with tights to school. I also remember a young female teacher hiding in the faculty lounge so she wouldn't be reminded about her inappropriate dress one more time.   .  

Edited by kejedo

Leslie, I sent you a pm but it bounced. Sorry, I have got to feel more compassionate for this bad decison. If I lived closer,like in Oklahoma, I would wonder how to would react to this. If I met someone at the door with this problem, I hope I would be empathic. When working in a prestigious HS in the 80s/90s many female teachers were wearing sweaters with tights to school. I also remember a young female teacher hiding in the faculty lounge so she wouldn't be reminded about her inappropriate dress one more time.   .  

Try again please!  I had to delete some to get new mail!

LeslieDean

David, you are so kind.  I have thought nothing but "what an idiot"!  I need to learn how to be more compassionate because, frankly I am getting very short on patience with people in this world.  I keep thinking where is common sense?  I guess I just have to keep reminding myself that the further people are from Jehovah ( :) the more senseless they are. 

You are clearly the very kind one, Sister Leslie! 

My urge is to laugh at the ridiculous humor of the situation, on one hand, and be frustrated with the lack of responsibility displayed, on the other.

But Jehovah reminds us of the damage done to the entire human family, by the Roaring Lion.  As you know, these things happen, because of a lack of interest in Jehovah's guiding principles, as displayed by his "loyal" Son.

How rich we are, to witness how Jehovah God truly is overpowering the "world", through the peaceful, responsible conduct, of his flawed, yet gentle people.