JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Pan Carmelized mushrooms and grilled cheese Sandwich

Sometimes I'm all about just getting something to eat quickly but most times it's about the creativity and utter relaxation it brings me to make something for people I love. I knew when my kids left home I would need to concentrate on putting my husband first again and reconnecting in a romantic way. This sandwich if truly like a comfort meal but in a fast food time frame. It is elegant looking and when served on a real glass platter cut up into wedges with a French Onion soup for dipping it is AMAZING! Who knew grilled cheese could be a romantic meal?

To me cooking creatively is like seeing a therapist! It relieves my anxiety and let's me think of nothing except what is at hand. Surprise your loved one with this simple meal! Brothers, are you listening?

1 tablespoon oil

1/2 small onion (sliced)

4 ounces mushrooms (cleaned and sliced)

1 clove garlic (chopped)

1/2 teaspoon thyme (chopped)

2 tablespoons broth (or white wine)

1 tablespoon parsley (chopped, optional)

2 slices bread

2 slices mozzarella cheese

1 tablespoon butter (room temperature)

directions

Heat the oil in a pan.

Add the onion and mushrooms and saute until caramelized, about 20-30 minutes.

Add the garlic and thyme and saute until fragrant, about a minute.

Add the broth, deglaze the pan and saute until the liquid has been absorbed.

Remove from heat and mix in the parsley.

Assemble sandwich and grill until golden brown on both sides.

post-717-0-69024100-1438044324.jpg

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

Sometimes I'm all about just getting something to eat quickly but most times it's about the creativity and utter relaxation it brings me to make something for people I love. I knew when my kids left home I would need to concentrate on putting my husband first again and reconnecting in a romantic way. This sandwich if truly like a comfort meal but in a fast food time frame. It is elegant looking and when served on a real glass platter cut up into wedges with a French Onion soup for dipping it is AMAZING! Who knew grilled cheese could be a romantic meal?

To me cooking creatively is like seeing a therapist! It relieves my anxiety and let's me think of nothing except what is at hand. Surprise your loved one with this simple meal! Brothers, are you listening?

1 tablespoon oil

1/2 small onion (sliced)

1 clove garlic (chopped)

2 slices bread

directions

Heat the oil in a pan.

I am salivating.  

Lol. Do ourself a flavor. (smile) and make this dr yields elf this weekend. My son oils always ask for this whil his brother would urn his nos up at the mushrooms---so I would just substitute onions in place of mushrooms for his. They were both happy that way

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

1 tablespoon oil

1/2 small onion (sliced)

1 clove garlic (chopped)

2 slices bread

directions

Heat the oil in a pan.

Oh my! This sounds delicious. I'm going to have to make it.