JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Kids And Sports

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3243 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I do not like sports, period. I hate the competition. But when I worked at the clinic, I saw, sometimes sports flat out rescued kids from, shall we say, neglectful situations. When a young man comes in, with tears in his eyes, because if he does'nt get that sports physical before Monday, (and it is Friday) somehow we made sure he got that physical. Sports physicals were not done on a walk in basis, and the parents let them down, big time. Between drinking and drugging, I would do all I could to help them. And, it was hard. You have no idea how uncaring some parents can be. And rude.

In this area, we pretty well have lost a generation to drugs and alcohol. I'd like to see them have a few brain cells left to make decisions.

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

• 4 weeks later...

I do not like sports, period. I hate the competition. But when I worked at the clinic, I saw, sometimes sports flat out rescued kids from, shall we say, neglectful situations. When a young man comes in, with tears in his eyes, because if he does'nt get that sports physical before Monday, (and it is Friday) somehow we made sure he got that physical. Sports physicals were not done on a walk in basis, and the parents let them down, big time. Between drinking and drugging, I would do all I could to help them. And, it was hard. You have no idea how uncaring some parents can be. And rude.

In this area, we pretty well have lost a generation to drugs and alcohol. I'd like to see them have a few brain cells left to make decisions.

What I like is the strategy in sports. Football actually has a lot of strategy in it. The problem is that football is so violent. It has come out in recent years that even high school kids have already been affected by the game. Running backs in particular are susceptible to brain injuries.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk