JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Vaping - anyone know our view?

Interesting point from my twitter feed

@Fact's Tweet: https://twitter.com/Fact/status/647323992936738816?s=09

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Br Ashley...good information.  Also, Clemson University just announced a ban on all tobacco products, including VAPING.  

The dangers to health are just starting to be made known.

Thanks for sharing.

"Be imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises." Hebrews 6:12

• 1 month later...

Just heard back from my COBE.

He basically said that anyone using a vaping product would not qualify to be a non-baptized publisher.  They wouldn't be in control of their body.  Also he did say that they DO contain nicotine.  

He said they can use any product or use any way they chose to try to quit smoking...but we shouldn't recommend something.  Only encourage prayer and scriptures for strength to quit.

I agree with this answer.  Makes perfect sense to me.

"Be imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises." Hebrews 6:12

• 4 weeks later...

From my twitter feed. Seems this man was vaping on his break at his job. If you like to read what's reported on the explosion, follow the link.

http://m.cleveland19.com/19actionnews/pm_/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=od%3AWPglZgaK

post-4555-0-75999000-1448299936_thumb.jp

Edited by AH173

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

• 2 weeks later...

Fresh news from NBC news on my twitter feed. There are some BAD CHEMICALS in that flavorings.

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/e-cigarettes-deliver-harmful-chemicals-report-finds-n476151?cid=sm_tw

I am shocked that there would have been any questions at all about this. Principles are there written for us to avoid things that would contaminate our bodies. Why would anyone think that something that looks like a cigarette is used like a cigarette and is used to replace them would think they are not a cigarette.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

The confusion comes because they are marketed as a treatment and a safe alternative. People are looking for ways to get of cigarettes. Only when you fully understand the principles involved can you see the danger. Just to highlight the dilemma, Caffeine is an addictive drug, why is it acceptable, where nicotine is not?

It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step :- Jer10:23.

Not a day goes by wherein the truth of this scripture is not reaffirmed

The confusion comes because they are marketed as a treatment and a safe alternative. People are looking for ways to get of cigarettes. Only when you fully understand the principles involved can you see the danger. Just to highlight the dilemma, Caffeine is an addictive drug, why is it acceptable, where nicotine is not?

Do a little research on the use of coffee by Christians, easy to find on WTL

Nicotine as a chemical is acceptable as a drug, just as opiates are, when part of prescribed medical  treatment, not self medication. Smoking, chewing are tobacco and or Betel Nuts are seriously harmful to health, and considered unclean habits for Christians.

I don't know what a medical use of nicotine might be, but at one time I did not know of a medical treatment involving curare, which is now quite common.

*** w14 6/1 pp. 4-6 What Is God’s View of Smoking? ***
COVER SUBJECT | GOD’S VIEW OF SMOKING
What Is God’s View of Smoking?

*** w90 2/15 p. 29 Questions From Readers ***
Questions From Readers
▪ Should a Christian avoid coffee and tea because they contain the addictive drug caffeine?

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

I am shocked that there would have been any questions at all about this. Principles are there written for us to avoid things that would contaminate our bodies. Why would anyone think that something that looks like a cigarette is used like a cigarette and is used to replace them would think they are not a cigarette.

The original post on this topic was about a sister that thought vaping used only water. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Do a little research on the use of coffee by Christians, easy to find on WTL

*** w90 2/15 p. 29 Questions From Readers ***

Questions From Readers

▪ Should a Christian avoid coffee and tea because they contain the addictive drug caffeine?

Thanks for the post. Glad I revisited the subject. The last paragraph just about sums it up. ☺

"Consequently, let each individual act in accord with his own resolve without feeling that his decision needs to be imposed on others. Paul wrote: "Let the one eating not look down on the one not eating, and let the one not eating not judge the one eating, for God has welcomed that one. Who are you to judge the house servant of another?"—Romans 14:3, 4."

New research says that flavour enhancers that these things use can cause what is known in the Popcorn factories as Popcorn lung. Those enhancers are used in making microwave popcorn. Fine to ingest or so they say but to inhale them will cause permanent and non treatable damage to the bronchi. I don't know the scientific name but it shows nothing that you put in them is safe to use. They should be avoided at all cost. 

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green