JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Building Noah's Ark as a project at the Nursing Home....

I am interested in building Noah's Ark at the Nursing Home that I visit regularly. I have glue and Popsicle sticks...... I am not very crafty, I was wondering is there a diagram or a model somewhere I can follow step by step. I have searched the Library and found lots of info to share, but no picture models. I have googled it and found a couple of things, Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Interesting project April. One I am sure the residents would enjoy doing.

If you read the measurements to your "helpers", that Jehovah gave to Noah, that might be a good place to start. You better believe they are going to question why the 'boat', doesn't have 'bow'. It isn't even mentioned in the Bible reading, is it? The Ark only had to be watertight, and float, not navigate in the real sense. And the only pictures that people in general have seen, show a distinct curved front end, er, excuse me, bow.    ^_^

At the time of the flood, it had not ever rained before. And I have always wondered if there was thunder and lightening. So many things to learn in Paradise, we will need an eternity to learn them all, of ancient times.

Thanks MizPeg, I have done a lot of research so I have a lot to share with the residents, we are attempting to start this project Oct 13. They are all looking forward to it. We have decided to make smaller ones, because everyone has a handicap just about, and some would like to bring it back to their room. I love the picture Michael thank you.

I am getting cardboard boxes from the Coca Cola Co, we are using Popsicle sticks and hot glue, I am getting a few craft supplies donating from Michael's Crafts and getting hay from the dollar store.

• 2 weeks later...

This may or may not be finished, here are a couple of pictures. What do you think? Anyone? Should I complete it with the roof? or leave as is, any suggestions? Thanks

Nice project!

You could add the roof and windows but don't attach them, that way you can lift them off and look inside.

Which floor do you have Noah and his family living on?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D