JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Why can't I open files I download

Every time I try to open a file I download from here I get an error message that says, Windows doesn't "recognize file". I guess I'm missing something?

And no wise cracks, Musky.:perplexed:

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Every time I try to open a file I download from here I get an error message that says, Windows doesn't "recognize file". I guess I'm missing something?

What type of file are you trying to open? What is the extension? (The three characters after the .)

It may be that the file is zipped as an "rar" file and Windows can't decompress that without help. If it is an rar file, go here and download "Winrar"

http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

Otherwise, let me know the file you're having problems with.

Every time I try to open a file I download from here I get an error message that says' date=' Windows doesn't "recognize file". I guess I'm missing something? And no wise cracks, Musky.:perplexed:[/quote'] What type of file are you trying to open? What is the extension? (The three characters after the .) It may be that the file is zipped as an "rar" file and Windows can't decompress that without help. If it is an rar file, go here and download "Winrar" http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm Otherwise, let me know the file you're having problems with.
This is the one I got today. But some of the PDF files won't open either.

41741=1718-bad file.bmp

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

This is the one I got today. But some of the PDF files won't open either.

41741=1718-bad file.bmp

What version of Windows do you have? (XP, Vista, 7)? If you can't open some PDF files, then you need to update Adobe reader. Just go to the reader "help" menu and look for "update". The "BMP" file is a bit map image file that "Windows paint" Should open. I see that you sent a picture of the error message but what was the file you were trying to open?

I see that you sent a picture of the error message but what was the file you were trying to open?

That looks like a recorded talk in mp3 format.

Acquiring A Heart Of Wisdom - Roger Downs.mp3 25873KB

I just downloaded it and it plays fine in my Windows Media Player.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

I figured it out. I downloaded a program and it took over. When I deleted it then no problem.:rockon:

Switch Operating systems ;) Try this, or this

It seems extreme to change out your entire operating system, which will cause you to replace all of the programs you have, just to open a file. I am glad you found a better solution

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....