JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Be It Ever So Humble...

There truly is 'No place like home.' ^_^ 

discovr_oct19_2015.gif

Earth rotates through an entire day as captured in this animation of 22 still images taken on September 17, 2015 

by NASA’s Earth Polychromatic Imaging Camera (EPIC) camera on the Deep Space Climate Observatory (DSCOVR) spacecraft. 
Image credit: NASA

Daily Views of Earth Available on New NASA Website

Oct 19, 2015

An image of rotating earth.NASA launched a new website Monday so the world can see images of the full, sunlit side of the Earth every day. 
The images are taken by a NASA camera one million miles away on the Deep Space Climate Observatory (DSCOVR), 
a partnership between NASA, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) and the U.S. Air Force.

Once a day NASA will post at least a dozen new color images of Earth acquired from 12 to 36 hours earlier 
by NASA’s Earth Polychromatic Imaging Camera (EPIC). 
Each daily sequence of images will show the Earth as it rotates, thus revealing the whole globe over the course of a day. 
The new website also features an archive of EPIC images searchable by date and continent.

The primary objective of NOAA’s DSCOVR mission is to maintain the nation’s real-time solar wind monitoring capabilities,
 which are critical to the accuracy and lead time of space weather alerts and forecasts from NOAA. 
NASA has two Earth-observing instruments on the spacecraft. EPIC's images of Earth allow scientists to study 
daily variations over the entire globe in such features as vegetation, ozone, aerosols, and cloud height and reflectivity.

Here's the new NASA Website:  http://epic.gsfc.nasa.gov/

"He stretches out the northern sky over empty space...Suspending the earth upon nothing."--Job 26:7

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

This is nice to know. I daily see a YouTube dhow that show how space weather affects the earth. It's pretty cool on the actual satellite images of the sun on how it affects the climate of our planet. I love to see how the Earth's protective measures block harmful solar charged particles. Jehovah protects us 24/7/365!☺

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

It's really hard to believe that our planet is constantly spinning (rotating) in space instead of setting there motionless!  I was always taught it spun on an axis as a child in school, but until you see it like that, it just doesn't compute!  Thanks for sharing such a wonderful image!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Ross, as always I love the way you think. And it's amazing, we're all right THERE! And look at all that water. Would be nice to have some of the land reclaimed. Maybe??

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34