JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

James Bond and the tight pants

I stopped watching the Bond movies because of the violence, is the new movie less violent that the previous ones?

attachicon.gifBond Kills.JPG

Woww! I am appalled at how many get killed in those Bond movies! I never knew. That's a good, eye-opening chart.

I'm waiting for the new system. Maybe we'll have films in which someone gets resurrected instead of killed. Oh well, in one of the Bond films (with Daniel Craig), I think he speaks of being resurrected. Did I get that right? I don't think there are any resurrections in the other ones.

Sister Cheryl

A word of love.

According to your comment, the brother is young and just came back from the world. Only he knows what changes and efforts he had to made in order to return to our midst. Let's embrace him with his tight suit for now and not discriminate him in any fashion. Once he acquires more knowledge, he will realize that he might need a change in his wardrobe. He will, like any human being try to fit in if his return is for real and we should assume it is. 

All young people need to adjust their thinking in a way or another. It is part of growing up. We have to give them time and be patient. And above all, understand  that it will happen over and over again while we live in this system.

Not related to your comment, I would like to add that the concept of what is immodest has a certain amount of cultural influence.

I come from south America, grew up in the truth, have relatives that live in Europe and have lived in US for 15 years. It is my opinion that Americans are more conservative in the way they dress and more concerned and vigilant regarding this subject  than south Americans and Europeans.

We are a product of our environment.

I will give you one example about how the environment influences our concept of modesty.

I am from Rio and grew up going to Copacabana beach during summer and the rest of the year. Brazil is a tropical country. We all wear bikinis. I mean that there are 65 year old sisters married to elders that wear bikinis.

If you go the beach you will realize that our bikinis are bigger than the average. We are visibly different. Our bikinis cover our behinds while most of the worldly women wear thongs.

I  moved to US and started going to the beach in NJ. I chose a family beach full of mothers and kids. Guess what? My bikini was smaller than the average mother. I was different and not in a good sense. I started buying bikinis "made in US". Now when I go to Rio, I am way  different and everybody knows I am not from there (not because of my skin color). I go the beach with brothers and sisters and sometimes there are people that I don't know. The first question: Where are you from? Well I am from here. I have just assimilated the American culture regarding my beach outfit. LOL

The example above is just one. :)

This is interesting. I saw pictures of ones at the Black Sea, in Russia, (I think) and I tell you, there were all sorts of ages, body sizes, and little two piece bathing suits. Part of me says "oh well", and another part of me says, "don't think so".

When I work outside here at home, I am in a pair of cut off jeans and a bathing suit top. From a two piece bathing suit. I. Go swimming like that. It is a really private place.

But, go where the friends are, and it will is a different story. Cover your self up, good. I understand it, but, I don't really feel immodest in my two piece get-up. Um, and, I Just turned 72. We, don't care how old we are, still love the beach and sun. Old age happens, and if we take decent care of ourselves...

Yes, we are a product of our enviorment. And I will love it when we can be comfortable, and, yes, modest, and, not be looked at in a sexual way.

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

Sister Bea

For all that I care as long as you don't wear a thong to the beach, you will be completely modest in my eyes. It does not matter what you choose. Also we went to Europe and the worldly women are topless. It is interesting because where I come from if you are worldly you can wear a thong but combine a thong with topless is too much , unless you are a prostitute. In Europe they wear in my opinion modest bottoms but a few are topless.  Go figure...

Sister Cheryl

A word of love.

According to your comment, the brother is young and just came back from the world. Only he knows what changes and efforts he had to made in order to return to our midst. Let's embrace him with his tight suit for now and not discriminate him in any fashion. Once he acquires more knowledge, he will realize that he might need a change in his wardrobe. He will, like any human being try to fit in if his return is for real and we should assume it is. 

All young people need to adjust their thinking in a way or another. It is part of growing up. We have to give them time and be patient. And above all, understand  that it will happen over and over again while we live in this system.

Russo MB, this is a 24 year old who was raised in the truth. Rode on the sidelines, left the truth to pursue a worldly girlfriend. His whole family is in the truth from grand father on down. He knew what he was doing.

Sometimes I don't express myself with enough words to fill in the story. Sorry for any misunderstanding. :wub:  

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Sister Cherry

If he was out, the only influence that he had was from the outside world. We are a product of the environment. The fact that he is back shows that something is there. Something that needs to be nurtured with love. He has clearly an attraction to the world. He has to work on that. It does not mean necessarily he does not love God.Give him time and embrace him even if you don't appreciate his tight suit.This  is the humble opinion of a sister that also left the organization to pursue a worldly boyfriend and was also raised in the truth (me). Sorry for any misunderstanding.  :wub:

With brotherly love

Krusso

Loving reply Krusso, I understand your words.

When he was out he wasn't DF, he never got baptized. So he continued to associate with his whole family. 

Yes I agree he has an attraction to the world, having the congregation to help him may curb those urges. 

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34