JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Out of the mouth of babes

My grandson, Christian, was only 4 years old when I took him to a meeting at the KH. My daughter and SIL had just returned to Los Angeles after being gone for two years and were living with us. My SIL did not want me discussing my religious "opinions" to my grandson but when it came down to him watching his son or taking him to the meeting with me he consented. There was always tension in the house when it came to my convictions but hey, it was our house and they were living with us. So one day my daughter, her husband and the boys attended a funeral or wake for my SIL's uncle. It was being held at a Catholic Church in downtown LA--one where they rented a room to hold what seemed to be more of a reason to get drunk than to memorialize a family death. Ny grandson asked his mother if he could have the paper towel holders (the cardboard cylinder that holds the towels) where he and his little brother could play with them. My daughter thought they were going to pretend -sword fighting with them as this is what they normally did. Instead, Christian took the cardboard cylinder and went running through the isles of this church using the holder as a megaphone and screaming nothing but "Jehovah God! Jehovah God!" When they came home that night my SIL walked through the living room without saying a word and gave me a glaring look. Later my daughter told me how humiliated her husband was by Christain's behavior. When I was bathing my grandson later he asked why his daddy was mad at me and I told him that it was because he did not agree with my religious beliefs and it probably upset him because he had alot of family present and could not explain why Christian did that. My grandson looked at me with shampoo on his long eyelashes and said "Well Grandma, you are the one that said we must make Jehovah's name known". End of story.

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

My grandson, Christian, was only 4 years old when I took him to a meeting at the KH. My daughter and SIL had just returned to Los Angeles after being gone for two years and were living with us. My SIL did not want me discussing my religious "opinions" to my grandson but when it came down to him watching his son or taking him to the meeting with me he consented. There was always tension in the house when it came to my convictions but hey, it was our house and they were living with us. So one day my daughter, her husband and the boys attended a funeral or wake for my SIL's uncle. It was being held at a Catholic Church in downtown LA--one where they rented a room to hold what seemed to be more of a reason to get drunk than to memorialize a family death. Ny grandson asked his mother if he could have the paper towel holders (the cardboard cylinder that holds the towels) where he and his little brother could play with them. My daughter thought they were going to pretend -sword fighting with them as this is what they normally did. Instead, Christian took the cardboard cylinder and went running through the isles of this church using the holder as a megaphone and screaming nothing but "Jehovah God! Jehovah God!" When they came home that night my SIL walked through the living room without saying a word and gave me a glaring look. Later my daughter told me how humiliated her husband was by Christain's behavior. When I was bathing my grandson later he asked why his daddy was mad at me and I told him that it was because he did not agree with my religious beliefs and it probably upset him because he had alot of family present and could not explain why Christian did that. My grandson looked at me with shampoo on his long eyelashes and said "Well Grandma, you are the one that said we must make Jehovah's name known". End of story.

If us witnesses had a readers digest, this would SO go in it!

This is a GREAT story!