JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What is Jehovah really like...

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3012 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

We all know and likewise share with others what Jehovah likes or loves, such as peace, happiness, etc, etc.

Yet have we ever considered the "other" things? For instance, we know, because he made them, that he likes/lives flowers. But what about the other aspects of his personality as indicated from those flowers he made? 

For example:

Jehovah likes red. Yes he does. He likes soft things. He likes perfume. Evidence? The beautiful red rose. The beautiful soft texture of the beautiful red rose. The beautiful perfumey scent from the beautiful red rose. 

There are sooo many other things in creation that can tell us so many other aspects of our Father's personality! All we have to do is look, listen...and be simply amazed! 

How many or what other things have you learned about Jehovah just from creation alone right in your own backyard (literal yard or symbolic), or just looking/walking outside? 

Note to moderators: good grief! I sure hope I haven't barked up on another thread with this one too! Lol. :)

Edited by Luezette

just minor modifications

I read a research that dogs also got jealous when their owners are enjoying other animal or individuals. It was really true because I love dogs but I don't own them. So, Jehovah was also got jealous of us...

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :) 

Jehovah loves things that are beautiful. Mmmmm? I just thought of something. There are some ugly things like the hyena and some of the insects are really ugly too. Perhaps he makes some things ugly to make us appreciate the beautiful things more? 

6 hours ago, waccamacca said:

Jehovah loves things that are beautiful. Mmmmm? I just thought of something. There are some ugly things like the hyena and some of the insects are really ugly too. Perhaps he makes some things ugly to make us appreciate the beautiful things more? 

Some things are so ugly that they are cute, like the warthog. Plus they are beautiful to their own kind (and Jehovah, of course). B)

Good reminder that beauty comes in unexpected ways and forms.

(I refrained from saying 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder!' ... wait... rats)

Well, I'm thinking of the scripture that says that Jehovah's thoughts and ways are higher than ours. So in this instance things that we see ugly (with our limited, imperfect definition of words penned by imperfect men, for example Mr. Webster) we really don't know what ugly is other than ugly values such as immorality. I mean, don't get me wrong now. I sure enough don't think a rat is cute no matter how Mr. Walter Disney tried to make it appear so (Mickey Mouse). But that's just based on my imperfect perception of what cute vs. ugly is. There is/was a song "Everything is beautiful in its own way." Wrong! Everything is not beautiful in its own way! From Jehovah's standpoint that is. Except the things he created.  Even if we think certain creations (the rat for instance) isn't.

With each thing Jehovah made, he said "it is good." Therefore it is. Period. Even if our little puny brains think/feel it isnt, based in our again, imperfect perceptions, based on many things in our lives.

Sooo, I'm going out on a limb here...even the rat is,  from Jehovah's view...cute. 

(aarrggghhh, yikes!)