JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Ban condemns explosion reportedly caused by car bomb in Ankara

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2963 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

2 hours ago, Tbs77 said:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/18/middleeast/turkey-airstrikes/

Turkey airstrikes against Kurds

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I love how like minutes after the bomb went off yesterday, they already knew this had something to do with Kurds.

Though all the kurdish separatist groups are denying involvement the government is all like "Nope, no no, we KNOW it's the YPG behind this"

Couldn't have been anymore convenient for Mr. Erdogan, who now has found a lame excuse to get involved in Syria. Sort of like the USA deploying troops  in Iraq or Afghanistan back in the day.

So I'm guessing we should now hope Russia shows restraint? Because it's looking more like a WW3 scenario on a day by day basis lately.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/17/2016 at 1:03 PM, ChocoBro said:

So I'm guessing we should now hope Russia shows restraint? Because it's looking more like a WW3 scenario on a day by day basis lately.

I keep hearing and seeing this stated on this board, but that's the only place.  Apparently the majority of the people are not seeing this.  I thought the situation was looking up with the Syrian peace talks.  

So, which is it?  Are the Syrian peace talks a step closer to "peace and security" or are we a step closer to WW3?  If we're getting closer to a WW3, why isn't any news agency saying this?  

13 hours ago, Shawnster said:

I keep hearing and seeing this stated on this board, but that's the only place.  Apparently the majority of the people are not seeing this.  I thought the situation was looking up with the Syrian peace talks.  

So, which is it?  Are the Syrian peace talks a step closer to "peace and security" or are we a step closer to WW3?  If we're getting closer to a WW3, why isn't any news agency saying this?  

Actually, the actual idea of WW3 is floated even on German mainstream media on quite a regular basis

Example:

http://www.huffingtonpost.de/2016/02/22/syrien-weltkrieg-nato-rus_n_9287966.html

When I posted the above, Turkey was flexing their muscles and threatening to invade North Syria. Russia flexed back and threatened to wipe out any Turkish forces that cross the border. NATO made a statement saying in this case, Turkey would be on their own.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3455934/Nato-warns-Turkey-t-count-support-conflict-Russia-tensions-escalate.html

You don't wait for the media to tell you "World War 3 will begin tomorrow". World War I wasn't simply announced the day before Franz Ferdinand was assassinated... but with open eyes and an open mind you could see the buildup happening years ahead. In the same way, you need read between the lines of the war rhetoric in the news.

And in response to your question "which is it?"

We don't know, do we. We are discussing all possibilities, at least that's how I view it. I'm certainly not a prophet.