JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Bethel Tours

I would try to avoid going in the dead of winter as the snow can and sometimes jam up your plans.  A couple of brothers went two years ago and one of them slipped and fell getting his suit all dirty.  Good thing he had another one to change into.  

If you have time and the means, you should check out the MET tours which is ran by Jehovah's Witnesses.  The one tour I really liked was "The Woman and Her Offspring" (formerly called The Woman and the Seed.  

Yes, I took the "Woman and the Seed Tour" last May and it was fantastic! Our tour guide made the Greek Septuagint come alive and helped us to see how many, if not most Western traditions and culture stem from Greek/Babylonian origin.  Brother Bobby, it would be good if you could tour Wallkill, Patterson as well as Brooklyn Bethel.  But please be mindful that tours will end at Brooklyn by the end of June to make way for their move to Warwick.  Check this link out at the jw.org:

Brooklyn Tours

Additionally, I heard from a brother who commutes to/from New York that tours for Warwick will not begin until two years after the move. I guess this stems from the Bethel family gettinging prepared, knowing the area, etc.  (I heard this from only him so I don't know how reliable this information is.) I hope the planning goes well for you.

20150619_152711.jpg

Edited by Omo_Yeme

I would heartily recommend you go around the middle of October...

Upstate New York is great in the autumn, and plan to have a bit of a look around the countryside too, all the better if you can visit the Fingerlakes district and places like Oswego in the north. Include some of the rural areas of Pennsylvania, Vermont and New Hampshire if you can. Cities have nothing to offer, spend your time enjoying Jehovah's creation instead.

Best if you drive there. See more of the country on the way, travel different routes on the way over and the way back, give yourself at least four weeks.

As far as tours go, Wallkill is informative if you know nothing about the printing side of things. Patterson is rewarding as it shows the depth of the organisation and the level of teaching practised, the facilities for musical recording and that sort of thing. Both are within a fairly short distance of Warwick.

On 5/19/2016 at 3:40 PM, Omo_Yeme said:

But please be mindful that tours will end at Brooklyn by the end of June to make way for their move to Warwick.  Check this link out at the jw.org:

Brooklyn Tours

Additionally, I heard from a brother who commutes to/from New York that tours for Warwick will not begin until two years after the move. I guess this stems from the Bethel family gettinging prepared, knowing the area, etc.  (I heard this from only him so I don't know how reliable this information is.) I hope the planning goes well for you.

A sister from Bethel tours mentioned last week that it will be at least a year before the tours for Warwick will be available. Brooklyn still has a small scaled down exhibit.

We'll wait for the letter in a year or two as to the available Warwick tours.  :D