JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Library search feature to locate a Bible verse

Can some explain how to search and locate a Bible verse on JW library that answers a question raised.

I tried to watch the Video Search in a Bible or Publication - Android, but i am still struggling to understand.

Has anyone ever tried answering a question raised in the field using the Search feature?:wacko:

To search for a Bible verse one has to know key words in that verse. For example - Who is the Most High God? Type in "most high" into the search. Ps 83:18 will be your first of many verses that appear.  What you enter in the search MUST be a word or exact phrase in the Scriptures.  Search feature is available in all the Bibles in the APP.  So if you remember a verse from the KJV you will need to search the KJV not the NWT.  What you cannot do is submit a random question and Scriptures pop-up.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

2 hours ago, JoJo said:

Can some explain how to search and locate a Bible verse on JW library that answers a question raised.

I tried to watch the Video Search in a Bible or Publication - Android, but i am still struggling to understand.

Has anyone ever tried answering a question raised in the field using the Search feature?:wacko:

I've used this search feature when I want to cite a scripture to the householder, but I can't remember the verse. For example, if the householder asks how can they be sure that God will listen to their prayers, you can go to JW Library and tap on Bible and type "hearer of prayer" in the search box and Psalms 65:2 will come up as a search result. 

Of course, in order to search, you have to know what specific words you are searching for. 

Once one gets used to it the search feature it is a little better than the Comprehensive Concordance to the NWT. It is better in that one can input a phrase rather than a single word.  The down side is that you must remember the phrase exactly as it is in the Bible you are searching. If you remember the Word or Phrase as it is in the NWT and it has changed even a little bit in the RNWT then you may get a "0 occurrence"  for a search. This happens to me all the time.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

The search is the same as using our old concordance.  You had to have some EXACT words that you knew were in the scripture before you could start your search.  Even if it's as simple as the word God.  Many times we know what book of the bible it's in or near but just can't pinpoint exactly where.  So once you do your search (say you type in the word "Jehovah") be sure to pick the one that has the magnifing glass next to the exact word you typed - that is the search you want  to find a scripture in the Bible. (sometimes it gives you results from the Insight book or other publications).  From that point on, you can choose "top verses", "all verses" and "articles".  So if you can't find the scripture in "top verses", then go to all verses and it will start with the book of Genesis and go through Revelation with all the verses that have "Jehovah" in it.  If you know what book it's likely to be in, then scroll to that book to look for what you want.  You can also narrow the search by checking "match exact phrase" at the top of the searches too.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

OR.... in the App menu scroll down to the  "Online Library" (cell service or WiFI needed) and type in almost anything.  I had the "Demonstrate a Bible Study" part last night and used it to help my study find out more information on horoscopes.  Works for scriptures too.

Baseball is in the Bible... Gen 1:1 "In the big inning".

1 hour ago, rocket said:

Once one gets used to it the search feature it is a little better than the Comprehensive Concordance to the NWT. It is better in that one can input a phrase rather than a single word.  The down side is that you must remember the phrase exactly as it is in the Bible you are searching. If you remember the Word or Phrase as it is in the NWT and it has changed even a little bit in the RNWT then you may get a "0 occurrence"  for a search. This happens to me all the time.

Another bit of advice, if searching in another language (Spanish, in my case) you have to enter the word or phrase exactly as it appears in print, including the accent marks and all, in order to yield a search result.