JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Library on Android 5 save to SD card issue

I've experienced in many cases that JW Library installed on Android 5 won't offer in its settings at "Download media to" to save on SD card, only internal memory is available. The microSD card is working fine with other apps. I rooted the devices, same issue :((

Someone knows a workaround maybe?

iv2yFf.jpg

Edited by jony_easyrider

I haven't had any problems with my non rooted Note 4.

IMG_20160604_164621.jpg

IMG_20160604_164531.jpg

IMG_20160604_164505.jpg

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Is JW Library the only app that won't let you save to the SD card, or are other apps affected as well?

Also, what's the exact model of this phone?

Edited by Trey

Ask about phone model

On 2016. 06. 05. at 2:15 PM, Trey said:

Is JW Library the only app that won't let you save to the SD card, or are other apps affected as well?

Also, what's the exact model of this phone?

Last time it happened on Lenovo TAB 2 A8-50LC. Other apps can handle correctly the card and the Android OS too. Tried with different cards with different size and brand, same issue.

On 2016. 06. 04. at 11:56 PM, Mykyl said:

A couple in our hall had the same issue. It never showed the sd card as an option BUT it still saved the media files to the sd card. Weird.

I checked this, but EVERYTHING (publications, video, music) is downloading in internal memory. It seems, that JW Library doesn't access/use the card at all :(