JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

'Whole food' chocolate pudding

I heard this was good but my oh my is it ever.  I added more vanilla and cacao and didn't have coconut milk but it's delish just the same. I can have it for breakfast and not feel guilty.

3 large avocados- mashed

6 Tbs coconut milk

3 tbs raw honey

1/4 cup cacao powder

2 tsp coconut oil

1 tsp vanilla

The recipe says to put into a blender, I did that, pfft wayyy too much work, I switched it to a big bowl, because I did 10 avocado's at once, and used my stick blender. MUCH better. 

Ya just HAVE to eat this!!

pudding.jpg

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

I heard this was good but my oh my is it ever.  I added more vanilla and cacao and didn't have coconut milk but it's delish just the same. I can have it for breakfast and not feel guilty.

3 large avocados- mashed

6 Tbs coconut milk

3 tbs raw honey

1/4 cup cacao powder

2 tsp coconut oil

1 tsp vanilla

The recipe says to put into a blender, I did that, pfft wayyy too much work, I switched it to a big bowl, because I did 10 avocado's at once, and used my stick blender. MUCH better. 

Ya just HAVE to eat this!!

pudding.jpg

I can eat/finish the whole bowl!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, bagwell1987 said:

It's so good!! A brother is getting me more avocados today cause he wants more pudding! 

Tracey?? Ummm, is that the dog water dish?? Or your ice-cream bowl? Popcorn bowl?

That's too funny...how we all are...we have our favorite bowl...it means something special to us...especially, when we our 

bound and determined to have that big bowl of hot, buttery popcorn...nothing else will do...right!?  It's one of those

times when you feel entitled to be childlike again....don't disturb me, I have my bowl of popcorn...all is right with the world.:lol:  

A lot of times lately, it seems food is the only real pleasure left to enjoy....since the world is in the gripes of a nervous breakdown.

I have been thinking about that chocolate pudding since you posted the recipe....because it looks so good.  Tell me, what

do the avocados bring to the pudding recipe...I imagine their flavor doesn't overtake the cocoa....right.  Are the avocados 

like a thickening agent sort of? 

Anyhoo, your culinary creation looks like it'd taste great...right up my alley...so to speak! :)

Edited by nanceebgd46

spelling error

I think it's the cacao, it's not your average cocoa, it hasn't been cooked. It retains all the enzymes and has a richer deeper flavor. And the honey is best when you use what's local to your area. And I used real vanilla that was bought for me in Mexico (I'm pretty sure that's where it was), MD brought it back for me.

And yes the avocados are neutral in flavor. You can still taste them a little bit but it's so creamy and chocolately you almost have to force yourself to taste them. For MH to eat it and ask for more, it has to be good. He HATES avocados. I put strawberries on his too, oh wow did he dig in.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

• 2 weeks later...

Sis. Cheryl , I found a vegan recipe for chocolate ice cream with the same ingredients.  The exception was minus the vanilla extract and I added one frozen banana into the blender.  Then I transferred the chocolate cream into a freeze-safe container.  Since I don't have an ice cream maker, I'll have to take it out every 45 minutes within 4 to 6 hours and stir the mixture to keep ice crystals from forming. Thus far it's as tasty as tasty can get. (Strangely, I felt this temporary feeling of euphoria--then despair when all the chocolate was licked off of the spoon!)  :)  I'll let you know how it turned out. 

Well, here is what I used:

1 can of coconut milk, minus the water

1 ripe avocado, seeded and peeled

1 frozen ripe banana

1/2 cup cacao

1/4 cup - 4 tbsps. -  of raw honey

A pinch or two of sea salt

Blend until smooth then transfer to container and freeze for 4 to 6 hours. 

20160704_013734.jpg