JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Lab Chimps Play in the Sun for the First Time

Lab Chimps Play in the Sun for the First Time

This is the heartwarmingly human moment a troop of chimpanzees see daylight for the first time in 30 years.

Some of the 38 primates, who had been locked in cages for medical testing, injected with HIV and hepatitis, embrace and appear to smile before taking their first steps outside.

Their new-found freedom came after a 14-year battle to set the apes free from captivity after being taken from their mothers shortly after their births and brought to a research facility in Austria.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCuxabHGe5Q&feature=player_embedded

These monkeys were caged/kept indoors their entire lives and have finally been allowed outside to play.

Narration translation:

Woman Narrator:

They see for the first time in their lives, the sun. After decades in an experiment laboratory, this is the first step of the chimpanzees in to freedom.

Man Narrator:

They hugged each other, like they would say they were finally free. And then they laughed. One imagines being locked up for 30 years in an elevator, then to open the door with friends and say "I don't believe it." They have only seen people wearing protective clothing; they have never had regular contact. They never learned to climb, because they were brought to the laboratory as babies. Now they can finally get out.

Woman Narrator:

Most of the former 38 monkeys have spent the entire lives behind bars. Since 2002, they are now in an Austrian village, slowing being prepared a life in freedom. This moment was for both animal and people equally unique.

Man Narrator:

I saw a chimpanzee, who was starring completely fascinated at a butterfly. He knew it, from back when he was a small chimpanzee in the jungle, and now he can see them again.

Woman Narrator:

And the monkeys that were born in the laboratory are discovering everything for the first time. The air, the grass, the freedom.

That's how I will feel... set free after being caged up lifelong in this old system of things...:infatuated:

Yes, precision=I am homesick for paradise, where we were meant to live==not this pathetic system of things. I wanna go home!:depressed:

Visit my website: www.Hcgessentials.com

Growth Demands Change!

That's how I will feel... set free after being caged up lifelong in this old system of things...:infatuated:

That is such a true statement. Right now this ugly world we live in is just an illusion, it's like a mirage of satanic mind games that brainwash us from getting a hold of the "real life". The reason I appreciate this video is not just because of those poor creatures who do not realize what's going on, but because it resembles us and the way we are beat up on in this system and the way Satan and imperfection has scarred and bruised us, so when and IF we make it to our new earthly home, our real home, then we too wont "believe our eyes" and we'll probably go running over the hills gasping for breath crying out to Jehovah from our hearts like we've never cried out before and for a while we'll keep saying "this is really it.. alsi;djfowiejaofw8ehfoasijf" :) That's how I feel anyway, the reality of the situation is quite overwhelming like these monkeys.

(Romans 8:22) “. . .For we know that all creation keeps on groaning together and being in pain together until now.”

That scripture goes deep and it's so true and triggers certain feelings in us every time we read it.

I read a few newspaper articles about it. These stories are really heart breaking, the babies were taken from the mothers (and the mothers killed in front of the baby chimps) in wild Africa 30 years ago. These poor babies were taken to labs and then infected with all kind of viruses (Hepatitis C, HIV and so on). So most of this animals are very sick.

The man who sponsored this is Michael Aufhauser, he's a very rich man and does a lot for animals. I don't know if you heard of the cow Yvonne? http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2011/08/29/140036762/freedom-for-yvonne-germanys-runaway-cow-search-called-off He's the owner of Gut Aiderbichl where all kinds of animals find shelter.

Hiya Astrid :wave:

I saw that about Yvnonne the cow ...it was on the news over here

"If she's ever captured, Yvonne will be taken to Gut Aiderbichl, where she has been invited to live out her days. The sanctuary has already purchased her sister and calf."...from article

that had a nice ending too...:D