JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Security warning for UK churches

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2786 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Crazy world as we are all aware.

"New security guidance is being sent to every church in the UK following the murder of French priest Father Jacques Hamel by suspected Islamist militants.

The organisation National Churchwatch is advising that all church buildings should have CCTV.

A single public entrance that can be slammed shut against attackers, and personal attack alarms for key personnel, are also advised."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-37232475

Wow! That's very interesting for sure! Have the brothers said anything or changed any procedures? We close and lock our doors 15 minutes after they begin and you have to knock on the doors to get in if your later. I'm in the US in decent neighborhood with low crime.

We don't have direction like that at our hall, even though we are also in a very low crime area (out in the country).  Our hall was broken into several years ago but it was duirng the week and they didn't get money and we had no video equipment at the time, so they pretty much left some door damage and empty handed - no problems since.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

4 minutes ago, shali said:

We don't have direction like that at our hall, even though we are also in a very low crime area (out in the country).  Our hall was broken into several years ago but it was duirng the week and they didn't get money and we had no video equipment at the time, so they pretty much left some door damage and empty handed - no problems since.

Our KH was concealed from the road by forest. One minor break in while we attend. We had a more expensive problem with discarded furniture, abandoned cars and just plain garbage being dumped on our parking lot. Needed an electronic gate.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

3 hours ago, Old said:

Our KH was concealed from the road by forest. One minor break in while we attend. We had a more expensive problem with discarded furniture, abandoned cars and just plain garbage being dumped on our parking lot. Needed an electronic gate.

We have a problem with homeless people eating and sleeping around the KH, I usually go to the hall early in the morning and clean up after them. The brothers are working with the LDC to improve the security around the KH, we have a large gate but it just has a latch without a lock.

How do you manage the electronic gate? Is it a coded access and everyone has the same code?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Our KH is in a very low crime area in well to do area.  We sometimes have to clean up bottles

and litter from teens that walk by - however the brothers just recent start locking doors 15 minutes

before the meeting.  I have noticed some KH in surrounding cities with security cameras and tall gates! 

Edited by CyreJay