JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

'Garden of Eden' in Florida

929668cd66a9579b62ae307b9a516459.jpg

Did you know that you can hike a 'Garden of a Eden' trail in Florida? Sounds crazy? The history of it is crazier, but a testimony of religion in America. The founder, Elvy Edison Calloway, believed that God had created man in the delta of Apalachicola river, which splits into four.

Having left his hardline Alabama church as a youth and become an advocate for social and economic progress in the American south, Callaway eschewed the usual Biblical literalism for his own idiosyncratic ideas. His Eden was a contrarian, libertarian vision of perfect freedom.

In the 1950s you could pay $1.50 at the roadside kiosk to view a log of what he claimed was 'gopher wood' of the type Noah used, which was the local Torreya yew, and then enter a garden of cliffs, rivers and wildlife.

Source: Atlas Obscura

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

It is located a little north of Bristol.

Interestingly enough, even though it is only 6.5 miles from Blountstown, Fl, it would take an hour and 17 minutes to get there from Blountstown. However, it would only take eleven minuted to get there from Bristol - and those two towns are technically only 6 minutes from each other ..... go figure :uhhuh:

Of course, I will say, I see nothing special in the video - just looks like Florida to me

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~