JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Your own Time Capsule.

A few weeks ago, we had a beloved Norfolk Pine removed from behind our Kingdom Hall, because it was up against the boundary fence and causing probs for our neighbours. We were all sad to see it go. But a few days before we had kingdom hall cleaning and I was standing out the back with our COBE and a younger brother, and  we were coming up with ideas what to put there when it was gone. I came up with Sundial - he just laughed and said seriously in Wanganui? Grapevine and fig trees, birdbaths, etc and a bench. Then we came up with the idea of a Time capsule! He thought it was funny but dismissed pretty quickly. 

But if we were to do a time capsule, say to be opened 500 years into the New System, what would put in it? A description of conditions today? Or more positive things like photos of congregation members with the carts or out witnessing ... or a copy of one of the talks maybe pertaining to the new system? I find this an intriguing idea.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Actually I think it would be interesting to have a copy of the JWTalks database in a time capsule, then 500 years from now we could read all of our own posts and see how foolish we sounded...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Nosy parker!! Yes it was a lovely tree.  We have huge rings waiting for the elders to assign them to families who need firewood.

And i just thought - you can see why from the photo why Bro Peter laughed out loud when I suggested the Sundial! haha.

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

4 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

A brother owns that section in front - often there are goats in there. Dvision of sheep on the right and goats on the left! haha.

Nice and green. ..palm trees too. They don't jump that fence? ...

Yeah, a sundial is neat ornamentation but it would be missing a key ingredient back there...in the shade..:sunshine:

I think the bigger one did jump the fence yeah, the other two were quite tiny. So that's why they aren't there - plus running up to christmas, people who need food for xmas start looking in their direction so they've been moved back out to the sisters place who owns them. 

Edited by Stormswift

6 hours ago, Stormswift said:

But if we were to do a time capsule, say to be opened 500 years into the New System, what would put in it? A description of conditions today? Or more positive things like photos of congregation members with the carts or out witnessing ... or a copy of one of the talks maybe pertaining to the new system? I find this an intriguing idea.

What is true love movie :loopy:

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :) 

I am the same, except I want to be able to recount what it was like now, esp for my mum who wanted so much to go through the process of the GT and Armageddon, I want to remember what it is like - without the anxieties attached of course, so a movie of the last days from a spiritual aspect would be awesome i reckon.  (I'm sure my mum won't be disappointed to be part of the ressurrection that is going to be better than her wildest dreams ... and hoping that I will be there to welcome her to a new home that has been her foundation of her faith for most of her life).

I pretty much consider all things as refuse and don't have the need or inclination to put any personal things in a time capsule.  However, a spiritual one is indeed intriguing, perhaps with pics of the congregation and activities, including preaching campaigns, assemblies and get-togethers.  But then, if some in the pics didn't make it? Maybe we don't really want to go there....