JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Dreamworld: Four killed on Australian theme park ride

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2733 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Just watching this on the news at work. Very sad. Apparently. It was a "tame" family ride.

I have been on this ride 20 + times.
I cannot understand how this has happened it seems impossible.
It IS the tamest tide. Ive taken toddlers on this ride.

Its horrible. Sickening.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

We'll have to see what comes out of the investigation.  There didn't appear to be any major risks with this ride, but we just don't know how weaknesses in the mechanics, or perhaps human error come into play - Time and unforeseen circumstances befall us all.

I think because it was such an innocuous ride that we all could have been on, not one of those daredevil rides we half expect to have issues one day, that has left us in shock.  Because it could have happened to anyone of us. Sad day for all those there.

Apparently it had broken down twice during the day before this tragedy occurred.  They obviously didn't take that as a warning.  My daughter has been on this a number of times and she doesn't like scary things so it must have been reasonably tame.

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.