JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Putin: Nyet Microsoft

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2730 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/putin-wants-push-microsoft-out-russia-battle-us-n674781

"In his battle with the United States, Vladimir Putin has a new target — Microsoft."

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I just have a funny feeling that this is going to become a larger issue one day...

I don't want to spawn any conspiracy theories but it seems that if Putin is concerned about USA made software being used to spy on the Russian government, does that infer that he is aware of Russian or Chinese software that has that ability?

I also wonder if the USA government will find it easier to hack the Russian operating system, ( assuming that the USA government is attempting to hack the Russian software )...

It just feels like Putin is playing a long game that will make the near future very interesting...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Russia is not known for "quality" products - think Lada motor cars.  But in saying that, technology doesn't need to be elegant, it just needs to be programmed to do what needs doing, and they are good at spying....and the space race and arms.  I guess, I just think the image of Russian manufacturing products post Tsarist Russia hasn't really impressed upon me that they produce products of reliability and innovation.  And what do I know of elegant programming anyway (my attempts at coding ended up in loops :) ).

5 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Russia is not known for "quality" products - think Lada motor cars.  But in saying that, technology doesn't need to be elegant, it just needs to be programmed to do what needs doing, and they are good at spying....and the space race and arms.  I guess, I just think the image of Russian manufacturing products post Tsarist Russia hasn't really impressed upon me that they produce products of reliability and innovation.  And what do I know of elegant programming anyway (my attempts at coding ended up in loops :) ).

I was thinking the same thing but I'm not familiar with Russian software, with that said, if their software is poor quality, I see a huge international issue happening one day.  I just have a funny feeling about this...