JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Sing Praises in Imitation of Jesus

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2725 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

9 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

I just have to say how much I love this rendition of "He Will Make You Strong".

____
"Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."—Matthew 6:21.

Me, too! 

I'd love it if one of our lovely brothers who are good at extracting audio would ... ummm... extract the audio for our listening pleasure!!!  :wub:

Me, too! 

I'd love it if one of our lovely brothers who are good at extracting audio would ... ummm... extract the audio for our listening pleasure!!!  :wub:

It isn't hard. I could do it tomorrow unless anyone beats me to it.

____

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

1 minute ago, Hope said:

Hey, that's a good idea! I'm glad you thought of it. I'll work on it and let you know.

Okay Uani (and anyone else who would like it), the song "Sing Praises in Imitation of Jesus" in mp3 format is now in my collection.

I don't know if anyone noticed, this is actually another rendition of song 60 in our current songbook, where it is entitled "He Will Make You Strong." It will be song 38 in our new songbook when we get it. (Both of those versions sound exactly the same.) But when we heard this rendition in "Sing Praises in Imitation of Jesus," did it sound to you like we've heard that tune somewhere else? Well, yes. A few chords from that song were used throughout the video Philippines Typhoon—Faith Conquers Adversity. Then a year and a half later, another video called Documenting Examples of Faith During Typhoon Haiyan was produced. In that video, starting at the 6:55 mark, it explains how those chords were used in the original video.

There, now you have the whole story.

Okay Uani (and anyone else who would like it), the song "Sing Praises in Imitation of Jesus" in mp3 format is now in my collection.

I don't know if anyone noticed, this is actually another rendition of song 60 in our current songbook, where it is entitled "He Will Make You Strong." It will be song 38 in our new songbook when we get it. (Both of those versions sound exactly the same.) But when we heard this rendition in "Sing Praises in Imitation of Jesus," did it sound to you like we've heard that tune somewhere else? Well, yes. A few chords from that song were used throughout the video Philippines Typhoon—Faith Conquers Adversity. Then a year and a half later, another video called Documenting Examples of Faith During Typhoon Haiyan was produced. In that video, starting at the 6:55 mark, it explains how those chords were used in the original video.

There, now you have the whole story.

The song is not called "Sing Praises in Imitation of Jesus" but "He Will Make You Strong". Also, the music used in the Typhoon video used a few chords found in "He Will Make You Strong" in the songbook.

____

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

13 hours ago, Sheep said:

But when we heard this rendition in "Sing Praises in Imitation of Jesus," did it sound to you like we've heard that tune somewhere else? Well, yes. A few chords from that song were used throughout the video Philippines Typhquers Adversity. Then a year and a half later, another video called Documenting Examples of Faith During Typhoon Haiyan was produced. In that video, starting at the 6:55 mark, it explains how those chords were used in the original video.

Wasn't it also the version used in one of the Music Videos Presentations at the Convention, that starts with the sister playing the piano?

34 minutes ago, Skye said:

Wasn't it also the version used in one of the Music Videos Presentations at the Convention, that starts with the sister playing the piano?

Yes, exactly! You just reminded me! Thank you. It's from the 2015 Convention. See these two videos...

The video we're talking about in this topic is an edited version of the second one above.

Edited by Sheep