JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Teck Help, please

Coupla years ago, my husb ( even less digitally in-touch than myself,) bought a KIndle fire, and I couldn't get use out of it. A young Sis came by and got it going once, then husb put the charger in backwards and it never charged again.

Meantime, we both got phones/tablets (droid-android or versa-vise) and I can use both of mine enough for meetings, service, and videos for presentation.

OT, but it was he who bought the two Voice Jam speakers, that I could not get anyone to put in synch with my Wi-Fi, phone, tablet or laptop. (Returned to HSN).

Back to the paragraph:

HUsb recently got two new tablets: One as a gift for his previous Study Conductor, and one for me. They are both Amazon Fire.   Is this just a reader, or will I be able to use it for JW.org, etc?   HSN shows demos late at night with older presenters who make these products look easy. Yup, even a monkey can do it. Anybody know of a monkey I can pay to walk me through the touchy technological terrain?  

I would appreciate if some one can point me to the correct instructional on-line videos. I don't want to spend hours watching Home Shopping vids, which are for selling, not educating.

Y (head in the clouds)S

17 minutes ago, kejedo said:

Anybody know of a monkey I can pay to walk me through the touchy technological terrain?  

Tarzan say no Cheetahs allowed ....:lol:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

2 minutes ago, ChrisTheConfused said:

Why did I click this thread expecting it to be different to the other one?

To double your reading pleasure...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

You would be best served by taking the unit to the hall and getting someone to help you there. Sit next to someone who can help you and USE the unit to look up scriptures at the meeting and during your studies.

You will learn very quickly IF you use it. Most of our congregation is well over 60 and I think everyone out in the service is comfortable looking up scriptures and showing videos.

It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step :- Jer10:23.

Not a day goes by wherein the truth of this scripture is not reaffirmed

6 minutes ago, kejedo said:

Did this topic double? I got a message that some things were wrong when I tried to post, so I made a few changes and thought one new topic worked. Sorry if anyone is seeing double.  I do not see a repetitive topic. Thanks for all suggestions on this  thread.

You had post two topics with different tags, it looks like they have been merged.

I wish I could help you but I don't play with Fire...