JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2581 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Loved your report Rosanne I personally love spending time with the older ones , we always come away encouraged. Tonight we spent a few hours with an elderly brother (84) who lost his son in death today . He has already lost another son a few years ago who was a missionary in Africa to Cancer  and his wife just a short time ago . Yet his spirit is strong and his hope alive in the coming resurrection recounting how busy he would be preparing for their return to life in the paradise. Though he shed tears he was so appreciative  of all the blessings and provisions on a JW.Org and  JW.TV.  How cruel the legacy satan has inflicted on mankind has been  ( old age , sickness & death) but Jehovah's blessings give us much much to be thankful for .  

What a privlege to have these faithful older ones among us. 

You had an awesome day Sister Ross,  the interchange you experienced was shared, by you, with us, and is very much appreciated. ..

I have related this story before but in my car group one day a lovely Sister in her early 70s was saying something about her age, and wasn't really feeling all that good about it. ..

I asked her, not what her age was but, instead,  how many numbers were in it..

As is the case with most of us, she gave her answer as  '2 numbers'..

I suggested to her that 10 and 11 year old people use the same amount of numbers so that,  technically,  she is in the same age group as teenagers. ..it seemed to improve her day a little bit. ..

Your visit with the long enduring family members of ours was very much appreciated,  to them, at that time,  you represented all of us, the rest of their Spiritual family. ..Thank you. ..