JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Shooter opens fire on paramedics in East Dallas

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2543 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/shooter-opens-fire-on-paramedics-in-east-dallas/435604002

DALLAS - DALLAS -- At least one firefighter was shot when a gunman opened fire on paramedics in East Dallas late Monday morning. Dallas Police are currently searching for an active shooter in the neighborhood east of the Dallas Fire Rescue Training Academy. 

The shooting happened at about 11:30 a.m. at the facility which is near Dolphin Road near Interstate 30. The Dallas Police Department confirmed that one member of Dallas Fire-Rescue had been shot and taken to Baylor University Medical Center. 

The wounded firefighter is currently in surgery.

The City of Dallas also says an ambulance was struck by gunfire.

59077aead446a_ParamedicshotinDallas.thumb.jpg.c820a38c15138daa1c449fa4347d9bdd.jpg

Satan's  septic system of things needs to be flushed.:(

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Update on paramedic's condition:

Police: Paramedic shot, scene remains active 02:07

Police say Dallas paramedic was treating a civilian for a gunshot wound when shot

Shooting occurred near a training facility for the Dallas Fire-Rescue Department, police say

(CNN)A gunman opened fire on a paramedic while the paramedic was treating a civilian with a gunshot wound Monday morning, Dallas police said in a statement.

Police believe the suspect remains in the vicinity, and the Dallas Police Department's SWAT team is searching for him.

The paramedic is in critical but stable condition after undergoing surgery at Baylor University Medical Center, police said.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/01/us/dallas-firefighter-shooting/

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

I saw this on the world news but I didn't know it was in Dallas. That's like 20 minutes from where I live!

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

Update on incident and victims:

A gunman opened fire on emergency responders treating a gunshot victim in a Dallas street on Monday, critically injuring a paramedic and prompting police to lock down the area for hours until the suspect — and another person — were found dead inside a home, according to authorities.

The injured Dallas Fire-Rescue paramedic has been identified as William An. Right now he is stable, but remains in critical condition and was moved to the ICU after undergoing surgery. Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings said the paramedic will need additional surgeries and extensive medical treatment to fully recover. An is based out of Station 19, where firefighters are highly-trained members of the Urban Search and Rescue Unit.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Dallas-Firefighter-Shot-Officers-Pinned-Down-by-Gunfire-420911734.html

Paramedic is in critical but stable condition after surgery Monday.

Medic will need more surgeries, extensive treatment to fully recover.

Initial shooting victim is in stable condition at Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas

and is believed to be the neighbor of the gunman.

Shooting began as a dispute between neighbors.

Suspected gunman, second deceased person found in a home by SWAT using a search robot.

I hope the paramedic recovers. :(

59 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Good news!

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D