JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Help with Hyperlinks

Didnt know where to post this... feel free to move.

I have Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10 and I use Onenote to take my Convention notes. Today I spent some time entering the Convention Program into Onenote doing one page for each talk. If you notice the Program has the theme scriptures listed and all you have to do is tap on them to go to the scripture. When I copied these over to Onenote they won't direct to the scripture because I'm assuming it's no longer within the same program. Onenote gives me the option to edit the hyperlink of the scripture. Any thoughts on what to change to get it to open the JW LIBRARY app? The very first scripture is Galatians 6:9 and the current hyperlink is jwpub://b/NWTR/48:6:9-48:6. 

Because it's an App I'm having a hard time finding the source in Windows file manager. Maybe it can't be done, but it would be nice.

Baseball is in the Bible... Gen 1:1 "In the big inning".

26 minutes ago, dozerman5676 said:

I have Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10 and I use Onenote to take my Convention notes. Today I spent some time entering the Convention Program into Onenote doing one page for each talk. If you notice the Program has the theme scriptures listed and all you have to do is tap on them to go to the scripture. When I copied these over to Onenote they won't direct to the scripture because I'm assuming it's no longer within the same program. Onenote gives me the option to edit the hyperlink of the scripture. Any thoughts on what to change to get it to open the JW LIBRARY app? The very first scripture is Galatians 6:9 and the current hyperlink is jwpub://b/NWTR/48:6:9-48:6. 

Because it's an App I'm having a hard time finding the source in Windows file manager. Maybe it can't be done, but it would be nice.

Wow, that's way beyond my skills. I use OneNote but as soon as we got 9.0, I've decided to take notes in the convention program in JWL. I've already transferred my circuit assembly notes from OneNote to JWL. (See attached.)

Regardless, if you have any other interesting OneNote files you can share privately with me, please do so! :whistling:

IMG_0435.PNG

Hyperlinks open with a default application to me it seems that your hyperlink default opening app would be your internet browser which is not what you want.

There is probably a registry fix for this but unless you are very confident with your tablet I would not recommend doing this.

2 hours ago, dozerman5676 said:

If you have the opportunity install the app JW reader. It has the ability to create links to the bible inside OneNote

I think this jwlibrary links only work inside the app. The app itself has to allow an external call to be opened