JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

How can ISIS claim responsibility for terror attacks?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2489 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

http://s.nola.com/a5kwuWY

I see more than one news companies post on their website the articles as the one linked above, but,I don't understand how they know. Are they being notified by ISIS itself?  

Just looking for some insight.  Thanks in advance! 

Sincerely 

Proverbs 27:11- Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, So that I can make a reply to him that taunts me.

18 minutes ago, loving life said:

I see more than one news companies post on their website the articles as the one linked above, but,I don't understand how they know. Are they being notified by ISIS itself?  

Sincerely 

According to the SITE Intelligence Group, the Islamic State’s official Amaq News Agency posted a message on Telegram on Sunday claiming that Saturday’s vehicle and stabbing attack was carried out by ISIS fighters.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

1 hour ago, loving life said:

Sincerely 

Basically ISIS posts on various social media outlets, or they send emails.  Or they post videos to YouTube.  Or, as Jerry said, they contact a newspaper.

Edited by Shawnster

6 minutes ago, Old said:

According to the SITE Intelligence Group, the Islamic State’s official Amaq News Agency posted a message on Telegram on Sunday claiming that Saturday’s vehicle and stabbing attack was carried out by ISIS fighters.

So....they say it by means of a Telegram message. Thanks 

2 hours ago, Shawnster said:

Basically ISIS posts on various social media outlets, or they send emails.  Or they post videos to YouTube.  Or, as Jerry said, they contact a newspaper.

Thanks! 

Proverbs 27:11- Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, So that I can make a reply to him that taunts me.

Just a quick word of caution from my FD Captain (for our emergency response team)...... he said quash any feelings of curosity to check out the ISIS / bad guy websites.

Apparently, there are several law enforcement agencies around the globe  FBI, Scotland Yard, Secret Service, Homeland Security, etc,  who monitor those sites. When your computer's  IP address shows up  on one of those sites (even if its just to check it out),  your IP address is added  to a watch list. 

Thats not a list I want to be on.