JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

I am trying to help a sister to register here at the forum.  I think she needs Tapatalk but I'm not sure.  She has Android tablet she will be using.  She is basically blind but can see a little bit.  This forum will be a big help to her.

I also want to add this forum on my iPad and iPhone.  But it sounds like I don't need it for Apple Products.  Is that correct?

If she needs the Tapatalk, can she use the free version or should she use the Pro version?

Thanks, you all are always so helpful.  I appreciate any assistance you can provide.  Hopefully we can help her get online.

I'm not sure this is in the right thread...I couldn't Submit Topic under (2nd from bottom-I can't remember what it's called)

Edited by Brenda

"Be imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises." Hebrews 6:12

My tablet is Android and I just use Google Chrome to use the forum here - I have it set to display website instead of the mobile version

I also use Chrome on my phone

I have never used Tapatalk and wish the forum would quit asking me if I want to use it - that message pops up every so often when I bring up the forum

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

You can download tapatalk but you needed to make an account first even though you had jwtalk membership finished. When you have it now you can search other forums like jwtalk and you can comment, but in jwtalk you will be show as 'brenda' even though your name in tapatalk is something else. You can get notifications easy and faster than google mail so its an advantage. Its nice to have like 'home' and also inbox where all messages will be, its feature is real different to jwtalk but its helpful if you like to watch who like you because its all in a tab. I never tried tapatalk pro but it will probably eliminate advertisements sis brenda :)

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :) 

18 hours ago, Qapla said:

My tablet is Android and I just use Google Chrome to use the forum here - I have it set to display website instead of the mobile version

I also use Chrome on my phone

I have never used Tapatalk and wish the forum would quit asking me if I want to use it - that message pops up every so often when I bring up the forum

Likewise, I don't understand the need for Tapatalk. Maybe some one will explain what Taptalk does, and why is it of value. :)

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Alexa, Thank you for the information. Seems like you know it pretty well. I'm still learning my iPad, so this is all new to me. Thanks again.

"Be imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises." Hebrews 6:12

OK, my second question, I brought up JW.net on my iPad through Google.  Is there a way to keep it on my iPad,  installed  without having to go to google each time? 

Thanks again for your help.

There should be a way to bookmark the page in your browser or leave a tab with the page active and use another tab to browse elsewhere

Thanks again bro John...I figured it out, with your help of course.  I had to reset my gmail password, and I think Chrome password.  It's all so confusing...especially after my last stroke, everything is confusing.  LOL

But I now have JWTalk bookmarked.  So I am elated....

Thanks again ...

I have mine bookmarked as jwtalk/unread so I always get the list of those I have not read when I bring up the forum. I have it this way on my phone, tablet and PC

5 hours ago, Brenda said:

Alexa, Thank you for the information. Seems like you know it pretty well. I'm still learning my iPad, so this is all new to me. Thanks again.

No problem sis brenda :)

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :)