JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Feds crack down on churches with TV shows

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4551 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Feds crack down on churches with TV shows

The Federal Communications Commission is cracking down on religious broadcasters — and this time it’s for real. For decades, false rumors have circulated that the FCC is trying to shut down all religious programming. It’s one of those rumors that has mushroomed beyond Urban Myth

Read more: http://blog.beliefnet.com/news/2011/11/feds-crack-down-on-churches-with-tv-shows.php#ixzz1cSWwK31k

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

There must be money involved. That's the only reason the government would care about something like this. I also got that impression from the end of the article where it was talking about nonprofits getting exemptions.

Without doing research I suspect there is a fee required for stations that broadcast closed captioning.

There must be money involved. That's the only reason the government would care about something like this. I also got that impression from the end of the article where it was talking about nonprofits getting exemptions.

Without doing research I suspect there is a fee required for stations that broadcast closed captioning.

That's what Grumpy said when I read it to him.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Thanks Bob for this posting!!

I read this to my wife when the news came out and she was FLABBERGASTED. No, its not a word, so dont look it up.

Little by littlle all over the world, not only here, we are seeing the Beast sink its teeth into Babylon.

labbergasted [ˈflæbəˌgɑːstɪd]

adj

Informal overcome with astonishment; amazed; astounded

Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003

ThesaurusLegend: Synonyms Related Words Antonyms

Adj. 1. flabbergasted - as if struck dumb with astonishment and surprise; "a circle of policement stood dumbfounded by her denial of having seen the accident"; "the flabbergasted aldermen were speechless"; "was thunderstruck by the news of his promotion"

dumbfounded, dumbstricken, dumbstruck, dumfounded, stupefied, thunderstruck

surprised - taken unawares or suddenly and feeling wonder or astonishment; "surprised by her student's ingenuity"; "surprised that he remembered my name"; "a surprised expression"

:taz:

Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2008 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.

The only place you can find perfection , is in the dictionary.

In one way I am glad to hear it, because the few times that I was assaulted by those programs (at return visits or non-Witness relatives when they had them on), I was able to see right away how much of a moneymaker it is by teaching unscriptural and unreasonable lies to the tune of sacred-sounding music, and then getting people to send in "offerings".

I also know that they speak very disparagingly about Jehovah's Witnesses, but I have had the joy of avoiding that for the most part.

I know that it is just a matter of the government requiring closed captioning, which costs money for the programs' producers, but it can also turn into a slippery slope, leading to the removal of taxation exemptions of religious organizations.

But in another way I think it may cause some problems for Jehovah's Witnesses, because although to a certain extent the organization does pay some taxes, if they decide to make all religions pay all taxes, it will be a hardship for us as well as the online religions.

In my area, Jehovah's Witnesses either are not allowed, or they have chosen not to use, the public access channels to do public witnessing. At one time they did use them but for some reason they stopped. And our DVDs all have closed captioning.

I read this to my wife when the news came out and she was FLABBERGASTED. No, its not a word, so dont look it up.

Little by littlle all over the world, not only here, we are seeing the Beast sink its teeth into Babylon.

adj

Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003

Adj. 1. flabbergasted - as if struck dumb with astonishment and surprise; "a circle of policement stood dumbfounded by her denial of having seen the accident"; "the flabbergasted aldermen were speechless"; "was thunderstruck by the news of his promotion"

surprised - taken unawares or suddenly and feeling wonder or astonishment; "surprised by her student's ingenuity"; "surprised that he remembered my name"; "a surprised expression"

Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2008 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.

I stand corrected.... I bow to your better knowledge and to Princeton... :yes:

Sorry DavisI couldnt resist lol:kisscheek::raspberry:

adj

I stand corrected.... I bow to your better knowledge and to Princeton... :yes:

The only place you can find perfection , is in the dictionary.