JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Helping the Blind...

On the way to meet some friends for street (bench) work today, there was a man attempting to cross the street. No problem. But he was blind, and it looked like an individual was trying to be funny and told him to cross the street although he didn't have the light which of course he wouldn't know that. I can tell he was confused though because of course he could hear the traffic. Plus, as I walked up to assist him, another driver was turning and he told the blind man he could cross. 

Anyway, I was able to safetly assist him. So now we're walking down the street, talking and y'all know right that he got almost an ear full about kingdom blessings concerning his blindness. I say "almost" because I didn't want to bombard him. But he appreciate it though. 

Anyway, a brother and I were walking back to the bench from visiting a man I met in street work who will start studying tomorrow. :loopy:.

And who should we run into? The same blind person! No problem. 

Yet the conversation, from him, began changing to a personal nature. He wanted to know, again, my name. He wanted to know where I live as in my building. He began admiring my voice, and so on, and so on.

It just so happens that a sister at the bench earlier said she knows him. Now I was initially planning to make sure he safely got to his building, but when we approached the bench where the sister was sitting, I decided that his stop came. I bidded him so long. 

I don't mind helping people. But when you take advantage of that by trying to flirt that's when I cut the cord. 

It's not the fact that a blind man was flirting, but someone period, especially a worldly man. 

Edited by Luezette

I'm glad that you recognized that flirty attempt early, and blocked it. 

We don't want to have to much contact with the world but we live here and have a job to do. ..

Glad you're ok...

Oh, good job on the new study!

Edited by tekmantwo

I really need to work on comprehension. ..

Thank you Tim and Denise. 

At first I thought to myself "I don't believe this" yet it was true, he was flirting and it had to stop. 

Now I don't feel secure in helping him at another time, if need be, and especially after witnessing someone trying to be funny and almost put him in harms way, and what if I witness that again?

As far as the new study is concerned, it was the young man I had mentioned before who appears to be involved in sex trafficking though I can't prove it by Caesar. But thinking (as in sure of it mistakenly so I found out later by checking my calendar), I called the brother and told him I won't be able to make it because I have work to be done in my apartment by management. 

Then not too long ago I'm looking at my calendar and horridly realized that the housing appointment is next week Wednesday instead. :scared:

So now I have to eat humble pie and call the brother back tomorrow before 12:30pm. 

Oh well. It is what it is. 

Edited by Luezette

6 minutes ago, Luezette said:

Thank you Tim and Denise. 

At first I thought to myself "I don't believe this" yet it was true, he was flirting and it had to stop. 

Now I don't feel secure in helping him at another time, if need be, and especially after witnessing someone trying to be funny and almost put him in harms way, and what if I witness that again?

As far as the new study is concerned, it was the young man I had mentioned before who appears to be involved in sex trafficking though I can't prove it by Caesar. But thinking (as in sure of it mistakenly so I found out later by checking my calendar), I called the brother and told him I won't be able to make it because I have work to be done in my apartment by management. 

Then not too long ago I'm looking at my calendar and horridly realized that the housing appointment is next week Wednesday instead. :scared:

So now I have to eat humble pie and call the brother back tomorrow before 12:30pm. 

Oh well. It is what it is. 

Does him flirting make you feel insecure and like you don’t want to help people in need anymore?

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

His flirting in itself didn't make me feel insecure as opposed to I don't want to be and put or allow myself to be in a situation where they'll feel they can take those liberties. He knew what he was doing, and that I knew he knew I knew. The only problem he had was he couldn't see. Other than that he was a man, a worldly man, that Satan was using to hopefully make me think such a, in Satan's eyes, a light thing.

Jehovah, thru the slave, counsels us not to flirt with each other. How much more so with people who have no respect for Jehovah.

Plus I'm single. Happily so, but I'm still human, with the same emotions as anyone else but am trying and am determined to keep my integrity even emotionally.  

I don't need anything and especially anyone interfering. 

It's not that I don't want to help anyone in need, nor will stop doing so. Yet at the same time I refuse to sacrifice my integrity while doing so. 

Edited by Luezette