Jump to content
JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Suggestions in Warwick Tours and Visits


We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1826 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Recommended Posts

Hello bros and sis,

 

We are considering to visit the Warwick Headquarters. We have been trying to search the internet for package tours and other relevant information on visiting the Warwick headquarter branch. We came across the "OASIS BIBLICAL TOURS" and have tried sending them an e-mail thru their website (https://www.oasisgrouptours.com/) but it has been a week and we still haven't receive a reply back. Although that is the case I am still hopeful that we will get a reply back soon.

 

In saying that, do you have any suggestion or recommendations on visiting the Warwick Headquarter or any Bethel (Patterson or Wallkill)l? We are a family of four, 2 adults, 2 children. We live in Perth, Australia, regularly attending the Wellard Congregation. We haven't got a clue where to stay best while visiting Warwick and we have no idea with travel, accommodation or any thing about New York and its surroundings. It will be our first time to visit New York. we are planning to visit May next year, 2018, and even though it is still a long way ahead, I have been told to start making plans as Warwick tours are getting fully booked leading up to the planned date already.

 

So, if you guys know someone and know a brother or a sister that does tours, please let us know either thru this topic or thru private message in my JWTalk account. I thought this forum would be the SAFEST place to ask as I have been in this forum for awhile and know, if not all, most of the members here are in good spiritual standing.

 

Thank you very much in advance brothers and sisters.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is an arrangement from the society for visitors to stay at the apartments called NCB for up to 5 nights by applying through your congregation. NCB is central to the WT facilities, and it was purchased to house workers for the Warwick construction project. Now brothers wanting to do the tours can stay there, and they provide transportation for the tours, as the sites are remote, and no public transportation is available.

 

The Oasis tours are something else entirely, but well worth your while if you have the time. There are several of them, and they are at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC, which you could get to by train. They are done by brothers who take small groups through the museum, and use the artifacts to develop certain bible based themes. When you actually see things, like "the braiding of hair" (1 Peter 3:3), it adds a depth of understanding that you wouldn't have otherwise.

 

Hope that helps.
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We just toured Warwick, Wallkill, Patterson and Canada Bethel 2 weeks ago.

 

Warwick is unlike the other Bethels.  You will need ALL DAY.  Literally.  Actually, you'll need 3 days if you want to see everything.  You will be in everyone else's way and everyone will be in your way.  8 million Jehovah's Witnesses and it will feel like everyone is there.

 

Warwick has 4 SELF GUIDED tours.  2 Bible Museums, 1 Historical Museum and 1 What Goes On at Bethel museum tour.  You are given a portable device and headphones.  Each image or station in each museum has a 3 digit number.  You put the 3 digit number into the portable device and will hear a brief description of the object.

 

There is also 1 GUIDED 20 minute grounds tour.  You are taken outside and see a little bit of the grounds while they tell you about all the environmentally friendly construction methods used at Warwick and Wallkill.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Motherhen said:

There is an arrangement from the society for visitors to stay at the apartments called NCB for up to 5 nights by applying through your congregation. NCB is central to the WT facilities, and it was purchased to house workers for the Warwick construction project. Now brothers wanting to do the tours can stay there, and they provide transportation for the tours, as the sites are remote, and no public transportation is available.

 

The Oasis tours are something else entirely, but well worth your while if you have the time. There are several of them, and they are at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC, which you could get to by train. They are done by brothers who take small groups through the museum, and use the artifacts to develop certain bible based themes. When you actually see things, like "the braiding of hair" (1 Peter 3:3), it adds a depth of understanding that you wouldn't have otherwise.

 

Hope that helps.
 

 

Thanks sister...or should I say mother hen,

 

I will ask the elders in our congregation if they know about. I was wondering if they will also set up a booking section in jw.org as there are booking page in our website to be able to tour in the Warwick or with any of the three branches.

 

For now, I will ask our elders if they know about NCB. Really appreciate your reply and thanks for the suggestion my desr sister.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

All tours at Warwick must be scheduled in advance.

 

For staying at the free Inn the Society runs, you need to provide multiple dates.  I think it's 3 options for them to choose from.

 

If you do not get in the free facility, there are several hotels on the recommended lodging list.  Check with your congregation.  We stayed at Fishkill, which was about 20 minutes or so from Warwick, Wallkill and Patterson.  It was a very nice hotel.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

GUIDED tours.  2 Bible Museums, 1 Historical Museum and 1 What Goes On at Bethel museum tour.  You are given a portable device and headphones.  Each image or station in each museum has a 3 digit number.  You put the 3 digit number into the portable device and will hear a brief description of the object.

 

Do you know how to book these tours or did you use an agency approve by the society to be able to do these 4 self guided tours. The only booking available in our website that I saw was for a 1 hour tour. Or maybe I didn't dig deeper. I will try and look at these tours if they are available in our website.

 

Thanks a lot brother. If you can please send me a private message on how you booked for the tour or how you did it, or perhaps you want to share it over here that would be very much appreciated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You can call Warwick and book the tour.  Or do it online.  Your elders should have all the necessary information.  We went as a family, so we did not do a tour agency.  My father-in-law handled the arrangements, so I don't have that information.

 

They won't kick you out of Warwick, so, if you're there past your allotted time, it won't be an issue.

 

You can also request to eat a meal (lunch) with the Bethel family.  Explain you are from Australia and they may definitely help you out with this.  We had 3 friends from Bolivia with us and we were able to have lunch at all 3 US facilities and supper at Georgetown Canada Bethel.  If you know someone at Bethel, call them and they will definitely get you in for a meal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bro. Shawn, thank you very much for the updates on the Warwick Tours.  (I'm still working on my own plans.)

 

Brother Eve, as an addendum to Sis. Karina's post, here is a link regarding the acronym "NCB"  that you may want to take note of:

https://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/26720-warwick-nearly-complete/?do=findComment&comment=462155

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Omoyeme said:

Bro. Shawn, thank you very much for the updates on the Warwick Tours.  (I'm still working on my own plans.)

 

Brother Eve, as an addendum to Sis. Karina's post, here is a link regarding the acronym "NCB"  that you may want to take note of:

https://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/26720-warwick-nearly-complete/?do=findComment&comment=462155

 

 

Thanks sis Sandra, the info you gave on the thread was really helpful. I'll discuss the NCB with our elders. Appreciate the help.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 22.7.20 (changelog)