JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Scale of the known universe

So in watching this I saw a "Giant Earthworm" of ridiculous proportions, and so I googled it. Wow! There are such earthworms that reach several feet in length in some areas of the world.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Scale of known Universe

What I meant in known universe is human's farthest discovery.

Thank you! Very interesting! It made me to remember Brother Lett`s opening talk at the Annual meeting...

Do you imagine Jehovah’s celestial chariot, this colossal, glorious vehicle that moves with lightning speed, the speed of Jehovah’s own thoughts?:readbible:

WOW!!!! :worship:

“The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.” 

So in watching this I saw a "Giant Earthworm" of ridiculous proportions, and so I googled it. Wow! There are such earthworms that reach several feet in length in some areas of the world.

I am wondering if you are afraid of it? :raspberry:

most of us farmers (in philippines) always encounter creatures like spiders, earthworms, cockroaches, snakes,centipedes and rat every single day of our life as a soil cultivator.

When I came here, I was surprised to the very fact that people here in Canada are afraid of it. I don't know why it is a common fear in first world countries especially the spiders and cockroaches. :glare:

Can someone enlightened me? :nope:

Modesty is not something we can simply define in a way that suits us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean.

I don't know. I don't have a problem with spiders or cockroaches, but my wife has a morbid phobia of spiders.

I hate stinging insects, like bees. Slugs and leeches are nasty too.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

I don't know. I don't have a problem with spiders or cockroaches, but my wife has a morbid phobia of spiders.

With really big spiders i got phobia, they are friendly it's just the looks that made it scary.

bee's are famer's friend. bees are there for pollination, slugs and leeches are common in our water dam, sometimes we played slugs and spiders in the rice field when we found them. ::o

Modesty is not something we can simply define in a way that suits us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean.

You might like this. I found it humorous to see what other people are fearful of, as it might help to deal with our own fears.

http://users.chariot.net.au/~marcof/phobias.htm

Arachnephobia =>Fear of Spiders.

Apiphobia =>Fear of bees.

Bdellophobia =>Fear of leeches.

Molluscophobia => Fear of slugs and snails.

Ophidiophobia => fear of snakes.

Scoleciphobia => fear of worms.

Vermiphobia => fear of worms.

Peladophobia => dread of baldness.

and many others

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

Thank you SO much for posting this !

It was amazing !!!!

hmmm...

I was wondering - I remember years ago in the National Geographic, there was an insert that laid out the universe grouping each area in every increasing circles.(I'm SO sure I'm not describing this correctly.)

Let's see if I can remember.

The first circle started with the universe as it was known.

Then a line would point to a spot in that universe and the next circle expanded it to show what was in that.

Each circle would progressively show smaller and smaller areas of the universe.

It was MOST amazing.

Anyone seen that chart?