JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Christian jukebox (good clean music to listen to)

6 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Enjoying the funky music. :D

There’s some more funk posted in post #12 in this thread and I will be posting some more in the future 🙂

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

6 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

And now for something completely different

Beautiful music. Thanks for contributing to the thread 🙂

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

Good song by a great band. I like the guitar playing by Dickie Betts 2nd from left. 

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

Another great song. Can you believe Vince Gill on lead? I’ve seen him in concert and I was surprised at how well he could play. I thought  he was all voice.

Edited by Pjdriver

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

This guy might look like a hillbilly, but this ain't no hillbilly music. It's blues-rock with a little jazz on the side, or what some like to call, blue-eyed soul. Can ya dig it?

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near" --- Jim Morrison

"The more I know, the less I understand. All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning again" --- Don Henley

6 hours ago, minister159 said:

This guy might look like a hillbilly, but this ain't no hillbilly music. It's blues-rock with a little jazz on the side, or what some like to call, blue-eyed soul. Can ya dig it?

Me likey 🙂 I’m familiar with the term “blue-eyed soul brother” and we would call him that but I never heard of a genre called blue-eyed soul. I’m gonna have to look into that.

Speaking of blue-eyed soul...

What a fool believes - Doobie Brothers

I keep forgettin’ (Every time you’re near) - Michael McDonald

Yah Mo B There - James Ingram ft Michael McDonald 

I like all three of these songs, but the lyrics of the third song might be somewhat questionable, due to their religious connotation and connection with Jehovah's name in Hebrew. Let your conscience be your guide in this case.

"According to Michael McDonald, this was based on the original Hebrew name for God (Yahweh), and was originally called "Yahweh Be There." The title was James Ingram's idea: "We were talking about how to say G-d will be there without scaring most of the audience away.""

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near" --- Jim Morrison

"The more I know, the less I understand. All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning again" --- Don Henley

4 hours ago, minister159 said:

I like all three of these songs, but the lyrics of the third song might be somewhat questionable, due to their religious connotation and connection with Jehovah's name in Hebrew. Let your conscience be your guide in this case.

"According to Michael McDonald, this was based on the original Hebrew name for God (Yahweh), and was originally called "Yahweh Be There." The title was James Ingram's idea: "We were talking about how to say G-d will be there without scaring most of the audience away.""

Yeah, I was able to pick up that it was about God, Yahweh, guiding one through life. It didn’t bother my conscience to post it but I will consider others next time 🙂

I hope this song doesn’t bother anyone’s conscience. There’s some references to being in he’ll but it’s referring to mental anguish.

Fine again - Seether

Edited by Brother Jack

What am I gonna do - Tyrese 

Lately - Tyrese

On 12/31/2017 at 4:49 PM, Brother Jack said:

Missyou - Musiq Soulchild 

Broken link...

Everyone who checks out this topic, do me a favor and go to page 1 and let me know if you have problems with the page loading because there’s too many songs on it. I have a 32gb iPad and an iPhone with 16gb and when I go to page 1 the page keeps reloading and giving me an error message. If everyone else is having the same problem, I will repost the songs at a slower pace in the future. Let me know what happens when you go to the page and what kind of device you are using. Thanks 🙂

On 3/15/2018 at 2:05 PM, Brother Jack said:

Back in Black - AC/DC

I’m not a big AC DC fan but I do like that one song. His voice is like fingers on a chalk board for me.

Edited by Pjdriver

Just now, Pjdriver said:

I’m not a big AC DC fan but I do like that one song.

Yeah, I’m not a fan of them either but I like this song. I hate the way he screams in his songs. I’m sorry but I like hells bells lol