JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Melbourne: pedestrians were mown down by a car

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2316 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

"He has gone straight through the red light at pace and it was bang, bang, bang. It was just one after the other," he said of the moment the vehicle started hitting people.

Up to 15 people have been injured after pedestrians were mown down by a car near the corner of Flinders and Elizabeth streets in Melbourne's CBD.

Witness Chris Gath said he saw 60 to 100 people crossing the intersection when a car travelling at up to 70km/h headed for the crowd. 

A white SUV showed no signs of slowing as it hit people at the busy intersection, including some waiting at a tram stop.

An officer at the scene has described it as a terrorist incident, but this has not been confirmed.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/serious-situation-unfolding-at-flinders-and-elizabeth-streets-20171220-h089ce.html

.....crazy world we are living in.

Edited by Gregexplore

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

My daughter quickly sent me a message to say she was ok.  It has become a common thing for her to message me to assure me she is not affected.  She was in Berlin when the xmas markets terrorist attack happened, and now she lives in Melbourne.  People must know these are not normal times, surely?

Smartraveller, the Australian government travel advisory has issued warnings for travellers going abroad for the xmas break, to beware of areas where tourists gather, etc.  Well, this is local.  Terrorists don't have to be involved.  It's just erratic psycho people doing it.  No rhyme or reason. 

1 hour ago, Gregexplore said:

....crazy world we are living in

Greg, do we have any news if brothers and sisters were affected?  

1 minute ago, hatcheckgirl said:

My daughter quickly sent me a message to say she was ok.  It has become a common thing for her to message me to assure me she is not affected.  She was in Berlin when the xmas markets terrorist attack happened, and now she lives in Melbourne.  People must know these are not normal times, surely?

Smartraveller, the Australian government travel advisory has issued warnings for travellers going abroad for the xmas break, to beware of areas where tourists gather, etc.  Well, this is local.  Terrorists don't have to be involved.  It's just erratic psycho people doing it.  No rhyme or reason. 

Greg, do we have any news if brothers and sisters were affected?  

No news yet... this is still developing story

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Anger, sad, anger, sad.  These atrocities are getting  worst and worst and harder and harder to deal with.  Things have already gone from bad to worst in the world. Now it's just over the top. Badness is bubbling over.

Makes me wonder how Noah and his family coped emotionally in his day.

But for now, friends, Trusting  in Jehovah is our comfort. 

(Joshua 1:9) 9 Have I not commanded you? Be courageous and strong. Do not suffer shock or be terrified, for Jehovah your God is with you wherever you go.”

How thankful we can be for Jehovah's Kingdom to reverse and undo everything about this wicked world.

The one showing favor to the lowly is lending to Jehovah

Vinnie, you are so right.  It is just so shocking, this badness.  But now we know we must not be unbalanced or "suffer shock or be terrified".  Our lives are but a mist, and our lives are in Jehovah's hands - whatever happens.  We know the resurrection hope is real.

See, this is not even terrorism.  That means that, for the second time, crazy, drug-affected mentally-ill people have caused carnage this year in Melbourne.  All terrorism stems from madness I feel.  The demons and satan are mad, crazy to inflict all manner of horror.  Only Jehovah can keep us in some sort of sanity. Phil 4:6, 7