JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

We're not exactly the Walton's Family

There was a car accident down the road from us last week and we were without power for an eternitty roughly 5 hours. You can learn alot about yourself in that length of time. My sister Margie decided to put on a pot of stew and then realized we are all electric. Rick thought he would catch up on his Pink's All Out shows he recorded and guess what --no electric. I thought I would just do some reading and turned on the lamp---no reading light. Did I mention we are slow to catch on? Everyone kept going from room to room and turning on the lights. Over. And. Over. My husband tried to entertain us with his arm pits music but that quickly grew old 45 minutes later. We are on a septic tank system that is electric--need I say more? We finally resorted to saving the ice cream and all sat around the table with spoons and cartons. Our dogs are the only ones that did not suffer and that is because you do not have to plug the sofa in to go to sleep. We quickly agreed that we all were way to dependent on the computer. We are way to spoiled and comfortable. We should have done something productive--Next time we will be better prepared.

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

Leslie, you crack me up - I love it. That would soooo be me.

It always reminds of a brother who commented - people say they want to live forever, but give the a free DAY and they don't know what to with it. I guess the free DAY - would be without electricity. ;)

Here is to hoping we have elctricty in the new world. I believe we will, but whoever comments on this - are you interested in working at the plants that generates it? They will need maintenance.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I'm sure with perfection and using our whole brain power for constructive things, we will have much more efficient power sources then electricity. I doubt once they are in place, they will need much or any maintenance. If so, we can create a race of robots for that! Sorry, my SciFi side is showing :)

I'm sure with perfection and using our whole brain power for constructive things, we will have much more efficient power sources then electricity. I doubt once they are in place, they will need much or any maintenance. If so, we can create a race of robots for that! Sorry, my SciFi side is showing :)

Everything takes maintenance - even robots. Otherwise, they start to feel and wonder why they are a slave race and start taking over the world (oops more SciFi). You working at the R&D plant building em? Whose mining the minerals?

To the first part - "everything takes maintenance" - isn't it interesting that even our own bodies require regular maintenance and exercise? What do you suppose He was trying to teach us by making us that way? Don't be lazy?

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Grumpy and I have a generator.:raspberry:

I have often thought of getting one. What does your generator run on: natural gas, Gasoline, poop ( :lol1: ) - you know cow patties, ?

Soon .....

We have a back up generator also that is hooked up to our propane tank. Comes in pretty handy in the winter if power goes out:readbible:

Speaking of no maintenance; we were discussing out in service the other day about how the 144,000 and Jesus do not need anything from Jehovah to sustain their lives because of their immortality unlike all other ceatures - earthly or heavenly. Hard to fathom!