JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Best Antivirus for Android Tablet

I use Avast Mobile Security and Malwarebytes. I don't know if they are the best but they seem to work.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Anyone know the best antivirus for android tablet?
You don't need any.

All those programs reporting that you have hundreds of malicious programs on your phone are malicious themselves.

As long as you don't install suspicious apk files, you definitely don't need an antivirus on your android device.

If you don't know what's an apk, it's all the more reasons why you don't need an antivirus since you're protected by default.

Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, And_Ray said:

You don't need any.

All those programs reporting that you have hundreds of malicious programs on your phone are malicious themselves.

As long as you don't install suspicious apk files, you definitely don't need an antivirus on your android device.

If you don't know what's an apk, it's all the more reasons why you don't need an antivirus since you're protected by default.

Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Tapatalk

But isn't it the same if I would say "You don't need any antivirus for YOUR PC/LAPTOP"? Because both are devices which can be easily attractive to viruses and malicious apps. You can download an malicious app accidentally, even you can't know sometimes if you had downloaded an malicious software. So, I think antivirus is important for both - PC and other devices.

3 hours ago, Intercore said:

But isn't it the same if I would say "You don't need any antivirus for YOUR PC/LAPTOP"? Because both are devices which can be easily attractive to viruses and malicious apps. You can download an malicious app accidentally, even you can't know sometimes if you had downloaded an malicious software. So, I think antivirus is important for both - PC and other devices.

Well... Want to know the truth? Personally I don't have an antivuris. I do use Malwarebytes on my PC tho.

Do i feel that you need antivirus on a PC? Nope, you don't need it. Although It's a good measure of precaution for the average computer user.

Easily attractive to viruses? NO! You don't attract viruses. You either let them in, or shut the door in their face. There are handful of ways on which you can let a virus in your computer. even less on an android device. Email attachment, phishing email, malicious websites, untrusted programs, advertisement on a website or in app etc... So as long as you don't CLICK on any unknown or phishing link, and don't install untrusted programs (e.g. exe files for PC, apk for Android), you're safe.

oh and btw, you don't accidentally download and install malicious program. There are just too much steps involved to be accidental. 

It takes a bit of common sense and little knowledge of the ways you can get infected, and you're good to go.

This article reviews the android antivirus apps for 2018. It explains some of the extra features too.

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/best-antivirus,review-2588-7.html

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D