JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Meteor explodes over Southern Lower Michigan

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2277 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I experienced the the excitement of the meteor last Tuesday Eve...

I saw this hazy yellow 2 second flash in the backyard as I was watching TV. I thought possibly an explanation next door when I saw that everything was fine, I ran outside to the front. the neighbor across the street had been outside.

she was beside herself with excitement not knowing what it was. she said this orange flame careened across the sky just above our trees in the front and then went out.

She said it went out and fell about 150' from our house. As she and her teen Son started to walk towards where she thought it fell, ( I was pretty sure it was a meteor burning up in the atmosphere),

This horrifying low growling reverberation slowly moved accross the sky the reverb enveloping our very being.... rolling from West to East...

Kind of sounded like Godzilla roaring. Agh!

The young man that was walking after his mother turned around and said I'm done and went back home. LOL. The whole thing was so cool. I am just thrilled that I got to be part of most of it even though I missed the actual streak across the sky.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, SheyZ said:

I experienced the the excitement of the meteor last Tuesday Eve...

I saw this hazy yellow 2 second flash in the backyard as I was watching TV. I thought possibly an explanation next door when I saw that everything was fine, I ran outside to the front. the neighbor across the street had been outside.

she was beside herself with excitement not knowing what it was. she said this orange flame careened across the sky just above our trees in the front and then went out.

She said it went out and fell about 150' from our house. As she and her teen Son started to walk towards where she thought it fell, ( I was pretty sure it was a meteor burning up in the atmosphere),

This horrifying low growling reverberation slowly moved accross the sky the reverb enveloping our very being.... rolling from West to East...

Kind of sounded like Godzilla roaring. Agh!

The young man that was walking after his mother turned around and said I'm done and went back home. LOL. The whole thing was so cool. I am just thrilled that I got to be part of most of it even though I missed the actual streak across the sky.

Cool!:cool:  If you haven't watched the streak across the sky yet, there are a dozen or so videos of it on youtube. ^_^

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

I saw your meteor on the news, very impressive. I had a similar experience while driving my car, my son was with me. We both saw a streak/flash/fire shoot through the sky. It was gone in a second. It was daylight and still the flash was very bright and it looked like flames. My first thought was a plane was exploding but quickly realised it was something burning up on entering the atmosphere. There were no news reports and I have never spoken to anyone else who saw it. There were lots of cars on the road at the time too. Just one of those things... I did get a bit of a fright

I saw your meteor on the news, very impressive. I had a similar experience while driving my car, my son was with me. We both saw a streak/flash/fire shoot through the sky. It was gone in a second. It was daylight and still the flash was very bright and it looked like flames. My first thought was a plane was exploding but quickly realised it was something burning up on entering the atmosphere. There were no news reports and I have never spoken to anyone else who saw it. There were lots of cars on the road at the time too. Just one of those things... I did get a bit of a fright
May I ask your country or state in US?