JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Loaded Cauliflower Soup

Freezing here!  I made this soup tonight with BLT and Avacado Sandwiches on toasted who,e wheat bread!  It was wonderful and so comforting!  

I pulled apart a whole cauliflower and brought to a boil in 6 cups of chicken broth. Spiceswere simpke: truffle salt, black pepper and 1 bay leaf.  After bring to a boil for 25 minutes, I removed the bay leaf, and added 2 T butter, 3/4 cup heavy cream, 1 cup grated parmasean cheese, and 1 cup shredded Colby and jack.  Took my immersion stick and just beat till thick with enough texture to be great!  Made the BLT & A sandwiches, topped soup with crumbled bacon from sandwiches, and a dollop of sour cream. Amazing!  My son thought it was potatoes soup but ‘the best’ he ever had! (He does not like cauliflower) but I told him after his third bowl! Low carb too!  He said something so kind.  ‘My mom can make anything taste great!’  

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

no-bake-lasagna-720.jpg?itok=8TEXvJaZ

Thank you Leslie. That meal looks perfect.  

I had been craving lasagna for such a long time but didn't want to prepare such a big complicated meal. Then I saw this wonderful microwavable dish on Dr. Oz's show and I am so happy! I use a microwavable glass bowl with a lid slightly open for steaming. Oh and I added extra extra shrooms roughly chopped with the spinach.

Ingredients

• ½ cup ricotta cheese
  • ¼ cup spinach, chopped 
  • 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
  • 2 tbsp grated Parmesan, divided
  • ¼ cup marinara sauce
  • 4 no-boil lasagna noodles, broken in half
  • ½ cup mozzarella
  • Fresh basil, to taste

Directions

1. In a small bowl, mix the ricotta, spinach, one tablespoon of Parmesan.

2. In the glass container, spread a layer of marinara sauce.

3. Top the marinara sauce with the lasagna noodles and cover the noodles with a layer of the ricotta mixture. Add fresh basil throughout, to taste.

4. Top the ricotta with another layer of tomato sauce and a layer of mozzarella.

5. Continue with another layer of noodles and repeat. Cover the top layer of lasagna noodles with more tomato sauce and a layer of mozzarella and Parmesan.

6. Place the lid on the glass container, without locking it closed. Microwave for 7 minutes or until the cheese is melted through.

7. Remove from the microwave carefully, the container will be hot! Allow to cool and refrigerate, or enjoy immediately.

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be pleasing to you, O Jehovah, my Rock and my Redeemer."

@NSSewer google lasagne in a mug.  I HAVE done that with a little added HB AND A FEW PEPPERONI.  Also with sliced zucchini for a vegan meal.  .  There are a lot of meals in a mug on you tube you can get a lot of idedeas from. Thank you for your post! 

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

Venus, that looks tasty, no doubt.  I think I'll give that a try sometime soon.  But don't forget a nice side salad to complement the dish! :) (I went to a gathering last weekend and made this colorful vegetable salad with a choice of ranch, blue cheese and Italian dressing.)

Salad.jpg

Edited by Omoyeme

36 minutes ago, Omoyeme said:

Venus, that looks tasty, no doubt.  I think I'll give that a try sometime soon.  But don't forget a nice side salad to complement the dish! :) (I went to a gathering last weekend and made this colorful vegetable salad with a choice of ranch, blue cheese and Italian dressing.)

Salad.jpg

That salad looked so healthy I feel way better just looking at it....thanks..:yes:

Leslie I will check those dishes out, thanks! Sandra your salad looks oh so tasty! I love the bamboo bowl! And now you have me craving a hearty salad. Are you adding any dressing or evoo or acv or both? 

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be pleasing to you, O Jehovah, my Rock and my Redeemer."

Venus, when I'm having a salad on my own, I whip up my own salad dressing concoction using EVOO, lemon juice, minced garlic, fresh pepper and a little bit of raw sugar for a tad bit of sweetness. However, when making salads for moderate-size gatherings I can't assume that the friends would share my liking of homemade dressing, so I usually buy these from the local market. :)

We're having our congregation picnic in May/June so I'm thinking of bringing a nice cool vegetable salad or fruit salad along with a main dish of BBQ chicken.  :chef:  But shhhh!  Don't tell anyone in my KH what I'm bringing...it's a surprise!

• 3 weeks later...